When, oh when, will the BG go down?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by liz king, Aug 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz king

liz king New Member

My 8 year old male, Hugo, was diagnosed 6 weeks ago. Since then I have been testing BG at home 3x a day; 9am pre dose, 3pm nadir, and 9pm pre dose. Typical BG results are 450, 420, 450. This has been the same for the past 6 weeks.

I had him on dried food, changed to FF. I had him on Novolin for 5 weeks, just recently changed to Lantus. I started him at 3 units, now am up to 5.

What, if anything, is going to cause his BG to go down? Do I just need to be patient? It seems like it's going on forever, and he continues to lose weight, which is concerning. Eating and drinking well still.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Starting out with 3 units You may have missed his optimum dose. I'm am not an expert so hold on for more replies
    Do you have a spread sheet set up? Its link is not included in your signature.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi there , can you please set up a spreadsheet for Hugo, I will give you the link,

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    If you have problems I will tag @Chris & China (GA) for you, she is amazing at helping people and will set it up for you
    Thank you Chris

I don't think anyone would feel comfortable giving advice about does without seeing his numbers on the spreadsheet,it's much easier .
    Then you can fill in all of the tests you have
    Can you add what meter you are using and what you are feeding :cat:

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

While you are waiting for a relies you may want to read up on lantus
    Lantus forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.