Where the heck is 1U on his thing?!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Not sure what side of the syringe is what. I have I drawn back to 2U in photo but am confused. I pulled some pictures and am still unsure. And have a tough time seeing even with mags

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

The photo is showing a 5 unit dose according to the placement of the top of the plunger. I'm not sure how you're reading 2 u. This might help. Your syringe is like the left hand diagram:

upload_2019-4-2_20-3-12.png

MamaMug likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

OK - I think I understand now! You're using U100 syringes to draw up the U40 ProZinc. In that case, 2 units of ProZinc will correspond to the 5 mark on a U100 syringe.

4. Lisa and little

2U would be the U 40 conversion no?

5. Lisa and little

lol. Yes

6. Lisa and little

Ok call me an idiot. So the 1u conversion for U 40 is where? I interpret what you sent as straight U100 dosibfvon the syringe. Gosh I feel dumb

7. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

There’s a typo that’s making it hard for me to be sure what you were asking, so I’m going to take a guess here...

1u would be the 2.5 line on the u100 syringe. Look at the green notations on Kris’ syringe chart.

If that wasn’t your question, let me know what “dosibfvon” means and I’ll try again ;)

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  8. Lisa and little

Awwwh geez. My fat thumbs and new glasses !! That word should have been dosing... so I can count down to the 3rd mark on the left side of the syringe for 1u Thank you all. @Kris & Teasel that picture was really what I needed :bighug:

9. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Starting with the basics. Make sure some idiot at the pharmacy didn't give you the wrong syringes. Insulin syringes are clearly marked "For Insulin" or something along those lines. You don't want the wrong dosibfvon, that would be very bad.
    My friends Sven and Olaf from Sveeden both got Hemorrojder doing this. That picture will not be helpful.

Djamila likes this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

Make sure you're understanding those marks correctly. That diagram is of U100 syringes. You're using a U40 insulin which can be dosed with U100 syringes and the conversion chart. To measure out 2 u of ProZinc (U40) you need to draw up the insulin to the 5 mark on a U100 syringe. Have you printed out this chart?
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/insulin-conversions.htm

11. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Any chart, diagram or photo you see here can be saved to a computer. In Windows you right click, save picture as, then save it where you want.
    I created a subfolder in My Pictures so I could keep track when the pile got too high. You can also rename them.
    I'm a mouse guy, old school.

12. Lisa and little

Lol. You like my Sveedish? Clearly I have bad eyes and fat thumbs. Yes. I was looking for the 1U mark on the U100. Was double checking as I was not quite sure how to read the U 100.