? Wild swings in numbers

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BonnieZeke, Apr 1, 2021.

1. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Are the swings in numbers to be expected with pancreatitis ? When I think I should increase , he’ll have a green. (?) Note: I can only get PMs when I am off, gone 12 hrs working night shift, use auto feeder then. We are at 2.5. Thanks

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Probably not. During a flare Max’s numbers tended to increase. Bounces occur from reaching numbers they aren’t used to it dropping too low or too fast. The only way to find out what’s causing this is to get some tests betweeen +2-4.

3. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I’ll get some next time I’m off. My first numbers after PM are usually+4 which hasn’t really changed from PMPS. It’s very hard to know what to do with dosing . Does it look like I’m doing ok with it?

4. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

When Pearl has a Pancreatitis flare, her numbers are consistently high, not bouncy. She also has symptoms of growling, not wanting to eat, not wanting me to touch her, some dehydration.

BonnieZeke likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was thinking that some +2 tests would be helpful as well in the morning if possible as that often is a good indicator of what will happen in the cycle.

He’s not used to numbers under 100 so when that happens he bounces and goes high. With Lantus dosing is based upon how low the dose takes the cat rather than the AMPS/PMPS numbers The goal is to get him to spend more time continuously under 100.

He’s high today because he was at 74 last night and might even have gone a lot lower.

BonnieZeke likes this.
  6. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Yes,
    I remember the days when we were under 100. How we miss those! By +2 I am fast asleep after a long shift, if I miss my window Iveill not be able to sleep. I will try when I am off. His Pancreatits is managed pretty well so far he doesn’t seem distressed, no remedial or lack of appetite for a while now. I’ll just stay at 2.5 for a while, I guess , thanks a lot.