Zeke - Needing dosing advice please

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meridith and Zeke, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

I don't post much since Zeke for the most part has been pretty stable and he had calmed his drama. Since we changed his injection location though, things have been crazy. We now only make it 3 or 4 cycles and he hits 30's again. In the past, smaller changes worked better for him so we would do very small dose increases and decreases (we use a caliper to help make this possible). Now though I have started just doing the standard .25u changes and I am wondering if I need to do even more then that because of how quickly he is dropping. He is on Levemir and we are only 2 hours into the cycle and he has already hit 30's so we have a long cycle ahead of us.

My questions are should we go to a much smaller dose like .25u or keep with the normal decrease and go to .5u for his next dose? I don't dare say the R word because I don't want to jinx things.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Meredith - how is Zeke doing overall? I wouldn't use the "Regulation" word quite yet, too many bouncy numbers in there still.;) Looks like he's got you busy with a bounce breaking cycle now.

As for dose, how much was the BCS yesterday? Since you still have some 1 unit depot in there, my suggestion would depend on how much insulin he got yesterday AM. I wouldn't go any lower than 0.5 units.

3. Meridith and Zeke

Overall he is doing good. His bcs was half of the .75 so about .37u. So you think Just drop to .5u? This has been crazy with him cause his initial starting dose in the beginning was 1u!

4. Wendy&Neko

Not really relevant, a cat's body needs changes. Neko went from 1 unit up to 8.75 units, down to 0.75 units back up to 7 units to a final dose that measured under the zero line, over the span of almost 5 years. ECID.

Meridith and Zeke likes this.
  5. Meridith and Zeke

Wow! That is a lot of changing. So far we haven’t been above 3u so the range is smaller.

6. Meridith and Zeke

+3 25!

Gave karo again and more hc. I hate when he does this. :arghh:

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

UP Zeke, UP!!!!

Those sharks aren't playing out there.....come on back towards the shore!!!

I iz on my way wif da water wings Zeke.....Hang on!!
    cat with life preserver.jpg

8. Meridith and Zeke

+3.5 60! Finally back up

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Maybe skip tomorrow to drain that overfull depot? Or another BCS, as much as I disliked them.

10. Meridith and Zeke

Yep, was actually thinking about skipping the next shot to help drain it. Great minds think alike! :)

His +5 was 35 so had to give more Karo, bout to test again to see if he is coming back up yet.

11. Wendy&Neko

:banghead::banghead: Point made Zeke.

12. Meridith and Zeke

We are up to 49 now. Might actually get to eat dinner in between tests lol. I am so glad that we use the prime meter now with how much we have had to test in the last few days. One day was a total of 30 tests counting his one for ketones!

13. Chris & China (GA)

You know there's no reason you can't just carb him up......don't worry about giving him "too much"

He's made his point and has nothing left to prove today

14. Meridith and Zeke

Yep, we have already went through almost a full can of HC and he has gotten lots of treats that are HC also. We have had to use a syringe 3 times this cycle for giving Karo. It is like he doesn't want to respond to HC and Karo most the time. We don't even buy MC anymore because it doesn't do a thing for him. I try to give him plenty, but I also keep in mind that he sometimes likes to go 9 straight hours with us steering him so can't have him getting too full on us. He did that the other night. :(

15. Chris & China (GA)

Maybe he'd like a bowl of ice cream.....LOL

16. Meridith and Zeke

Probably! :D

He is finally staying up without steering though, so can finally relax. Then we will skip his shot tonight to help drain the depot so maybe we can stop this craziness.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.