Zhoom Boy PMPS 534 - looks like another bounce

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CRL, Nov 6, 2019.

1. CRL

CRL Member

Poor Zhoom, such a bouncy boy. He is not feeling too hot at these black numbers. Wish he could stop bouncing. Good news is he has not thrown up for 3 days. I think the late cycle (+8) snack is doing the trick. Hoping for a steadier day tomorrow.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What food are you feeding at +8? You want to limit the number of carbs fed after nadir. At that point the insulin is already slowing down. Adding carbs slows it down even more, which shortens duration and gives you higher preshots. I tried to give either just freeze dried or other close to zero carb snacks at the last part of the cycle.

CRL likes this.
  3. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he’s been barf free for 3 days.

Those numbers however are awfully hard on the (my) eyes. I like Wendy’s recommendation that you try a close to zero carb snack at the +8s and see if it makes a difference in the PS. It could be just that. Or, he may not be getting enough duration. Good opportunity to try and figure it out by collecting some late cycle data. Just sprinkle a few tests in to break up the white gaps on your ss from AM +8 to PMPS. The same goes for the PM cycle. Grab a +10 one day and then a +11 on another day etc.

It could be revealing. :cool:

Wendy&Neko and CRL like this.