? Zylkene? 7/2 Osha AMPS 98 PMPS 133 / Small Kitty AMPS 109 PMPS 60- Dental on Friday

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

6/28

Good evening!
    Osha is being her very good Osha self. :cool::D:D

Small Kitty went to the vet today. They took blood. His blood pressure was good. He didn't have enough urine for the cystocentesis.o_O Osha's bladder is always super full, so I was surprised. He does need a dental, so he will go in for that on Friday morning. $$$ so much money! They will do the cystocentesis then.

The vet recommended Zylkene for his meowing at night. Has anyone else used this?

Thanks for this info Lizzie. Blood pressure was good today and I know he isn't deaf. He can hear me open the treat bag from a mile away. :smuggrin: He will be turning 9 years old next week. The blood work will let us know about the thyroid. Results will be back tomorrow. I have been using CBD treats before bed, but maybe I am not using enough? Or he needs a different brand? I don't know.

The immigration file is moving along. Thanks for asking. :) Sébastien has his interview at the consulate on July 24 :woot::woot: I think we have almost everything ready for the appointment. He needs his birth certificate translated into english and we are still waiting on his replacement passport (he had it stolen a few weeks ago :() Hopefully they will approve his visa at the interview!!!

Have a great day!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress and Small Kitty

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dental! Yes, lots of $$$

I don’t know anything about that Med for the night meowing.

Osha likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Please keep us posted. Vetty dental vines for SK

:mad::banghead::banghead::mad:

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Hadn't heard of it so I googled it. Did you get any yet? Really interested in this.

@Pamela & Amethyst you might look into this for Amethyst's noise stress.

http://www.zylkenepet.co.uk

What is Zylkene?
    Zylkene contains a natural ingredient derived from casein, a protein in milk. It is a molecule well known to promote the relaxation of new-borns after breastfeeding. Launched in April 2008, Zylkene has become a valuable support for veterinary surgeons, behaviourists, nurses and pet owners for use in helping pets cope when facing unusual and unpredictable situations or before occasions such as a change in their normal environment.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Osha is doing well. Sending dental vines for SK. I hope you get good b/w results back.

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I ordered it. I don't have it yet. I will keep everyone updated on how it works. The vet seemed to like it because it was a more natural way to deal with anxiety.

I got Small Kitty's blood work results today and everything is good. She did mention this in the email which irritates me. I know she is just doing her job, but I didn't ask anything about diabetes and I am just fine on my own. I am certainly not paying for a fructosamine test. The appointment was $348 yesterday and the dental at the low end is estimated at $1, 178 and high end at $1,561. I wish vets would just leave me alone about diabetes. Of course today SK has been in the 200's.

From the vet:
    I do have concern over his blood glucose value, which came back at 76 (the low end of the normal range is 72). This value would be concerning for even a healthy cat, as most healthy adult cats are at least above 90. If he is consistently at the low-end of normal, he is at high risk of insulin overdose and hypoglycemia. I know you are regularly monitoring him, but this concerns me even with a vigilant owner like yourself. With diabetics in general, we are happy when their glucose is consistently between 100-200 and they do not have any increased thirst and urination.
    To help us work through this, I would like you to bring in the full data from his last few curves on Friday. My hunch is that he might need to decrease to 1u of insulin twice daily. We may also request a fructosamine to make this determination.