01/04 Furball +10.75=218 AMPS=332 +5.5=242 PMPS=223

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

My vet suggested I get some fish oil and add it to Callie's food to help boost her immune system. She said I could buy caplets and break them open, but all I can find are softgels. Does anyone know where I can buy this? Thanks.

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

Time to slide Furball! Give your mama some hint of what to expect with your new dose! We also used fish oil at one time that came in a bottle with a pump, rather than capsules.

5. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Happy, Purry Furball....can you show your stuff today. DaBean goes back to work tomorrow so today's the day to show what you can do. How 'bout it.

Carla, my dog has an Omega-3 supplement from the vet. Liquid. Welactin 3. Ingredients: fish oil and mixed tocopherols.

I used to get some fish oil from the local pet shop. I even think I got some at a grocery store. The liquid form is so much easier than capsules...poking a whole in those and squeezing out the "juice" was messy for me!

Marilyn and Polly

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We use fish oil that comes in a bottle and it's messy. I like the pump idea. We've used capsules before and used a pin to poke a hole in the end to squeeze some out.
    Liz

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carla :coffee::coffee::coffee:

No clue on the fish oil, but ti seems others here do use it. Sounds like a good idea.

I will hope Furball can find the blues today.

Enjoy your day today Carla. I hope all goes well.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

One thing I like about the Nordic Naturals that Chris mentioned, is that it comes with a dropper than can also be used as a lid. Makes for easy measuring of exact amounts. The other kind I've used is Ascenta Feline Omega but it's just a bottle and messier. Both it and the Nordic Naturals are made from smaller fish (sardines and anchovy) instead of the larger fish (such as salmon). I've seen some discussion that using the smaller fish that are lower down the food chain, have less contaminants. I used to use the Grizzly Salmon Oil, that has a pump. I've seen fish oil supplements in both pet stores and natural vitamin stores.

Slide down Furball please!

9. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Carla,
    Slides down, Furball!
    I hope fish oil works for Callie.

10. carfurby (GA)

Another yellow day for Furball, but she's feeling good this evening.

Thanks everyone for the tips on the fish oil. I'll have to look around and see what I can find.

11. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Glad she's feeling good tonight...even if it was a yellow day. However, there is always time for a little blue tonight! ;) Scritches to Miss Furball! Sleep well, Carla. Tomorrow is Monday. :arghh:

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like Furball is listening, Carla! Just a little more, Furball, and you'll be in the Blue Grotto!

Can't help you with the fish oil. I gave one dose to Rusty several years ago and discovered that he was allergic to fish!

Have a good restful evening before the work week begins,

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

13. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Wendy is right on the smaller v larger fish issue. Because the bigger fish eat the smaller fish they have much higher levels of mercury and other nasties. Think blue Furball!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.