01/06 bailey uk in a bit of a mess about tomorrows shot!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by anna and bailey.uk england, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anna and bailey.uk england

anna and bailey.uk england Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...nce-3-cycles-after-a-low.130826/#post-1345444

im not sure what to do about tomorrow. basically ive been off work after my car accident so been shooting at 1am/pm every day.only gone back to work this last week and been finishing at 1pm everday so moved the shot to 1.30pm. ive been off 2 days and have managed to get the shot back to 12.30 but................. tomorrow its my uncles funeral and have just been told I have to leave at 11am :-( I don't know what to do!!! il be gone for about 6 hours so should I reduce dose or not shoot with it being so early. please help!

hes doing so well too. I just don't want to mess this up!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Anna - sorry to hear about your uncle. :bighug::bighug:

Great cycle for Bailey today! One suggestion, if it works for you, is to try the two back to back 18 hour cycles. Sounds like you'll be back about 18 hours after his last shot anyway. Just shoot then, and the next shot would be 18 hours later back at your regular time. He'll be a bit higher, but probably better than just skipping. And you won't have to worry about him going low while you are gone.

3. anna and bailey.uk england

so let me get this right. 18 hours from last shot right which would be 6.30pm tomorrow?? then again at 12.30 normal shot time??

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes. It doesn't have to be exactly 18 hours. If you don't get home until 7PM, it'll still be OK to shoot then and then go back to your 12:30 normal shot the next day.

5. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

We've done the 18 hour schedule several times. It works pretty well.

6. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd go with the 18 hour thing too - we also used it a couple of times.

7. anna and bailey.uk england

cool beans il see how we go. although im thinking hes at 398 now 11pm. I might shoot in 15mins. eek. im here all night! so I can check then go with the 11am tomorrow. hes probably on a bounce so I MAY shoot at 11am tomorrow and give a 4.75u shot.although my best friend cant test.shes poppin in and giving him his ham or chicken and checking hes eaten etc. the things we have to do

. im meant to be going to my step sisters wedding in june. over night......the first time away from him in 3 years. im just glad my friend knows him well and will look out for any signs (shes taken the day off work) shes hoping to learn to test b4 then. if you knew my bailey.like really knew my bailey it will be a miracle. its a miracle he lets her shoot but shes the only other person he trusts barr me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.