01/09/20 Apple AMPS 364 - No good numbers after dose increase

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caren & Apple, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

If you're following TR - which it says in your signature - you will be able to increase again in 6 cycles if there are no greens. Just start counting and increase methodically until you start to see some good numbers.

This FD takes time to respond - we've been exactly where you are many times. Take a look at Luci's SS - she's a stubborn one and it takes a while for Lantus to build up the depot - so put on your patience pants (we have extras of those around here)...I've worn out several pairs already! LOL...

Just try to be patient for the 6 cycles and allow the Lantus to build up. Unfortunately the dose that worked once, may not work now - it's never like that with Lantus...I see often that caregivers expect that the same dose will cause the same response in kitty - just doesn't work that way...eventually you'll find the right dose...and the numbers will show it.

Hang in there Caren :)

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi:)
    Sometimes the new dose doesn't make an immediate difference like we would hope. It will take another couple days to see the full effect of this dose (depot needs to fill). Apple's insulin curve might be more evident to some of us (me, ha) with a few more of the morning boxes filled in. You could test at various times on different days to fill in more of the puzzle. My kitty had her lowest points around +3 or 4, then again around +8. (AM numbers). Not saying Apple would be the same though. Your schedule might not allow more than what you are catching? I really don't see anything you are doing wrong!

Just saw Sue's reply!

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Just looking for reassurance because those numbers weren't expected. You've answered all of the questions perfectly and it's "keeping hope alive," lol. Hopefully the good numbers will come in the next couple of days :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Thank you for replying. We'll try to test around those times, but our testing schedule revolves around my grandson Avery's school since he's the one who does it. Thanks again!

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I remember him posting one morning - seems like a great young man! I adore your Apple too:cat:

7. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

And should it happen, that they don't come in the next couple of days you know what you need to do - increase - and increase again - until you start to get those better numbers. We've all been there - this is a true test of our patience! I used to wonder the same thing...how much insulin is it going to take??? You will find out one day...these kitties like to keep all that information to themselves...and won't tell you a thing until they get ready to. :)

9. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

You answered the question we were just going to ask, but can you take a look at the numbers, just because? It seems like the increase is just kicking in :)
    -Avery

10. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Thank you! I don't mind helping my grandmother :)
    -Avery