? 01/12 Merry - First all Green cycles! Question re next shot in 3 hrs after all these lows

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuanneP, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Merry is seeing a lot of greens and lower blues on this dose after clearing that bounce. He's not getting into the lime greens to earn another reduction though. If I increase him back to 5u he's just going to earn a reduction to 4.75u which is where he's at now. So do I just hold at 4.75u since it seems to be a really good dose for him & hope he hits some lime greens at some point to earn another reduction?

Hubby is home today so he's going to check Merry's BG in an hour to make sure he's not dropping into hypo. He'll text or call me with the number & then I can let him know what to do if Merry is a bit too low.

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Can you get a +1 this morning Luanne?

With last nights numbers being in mid blues, you might be shooting a falling number, which is fine, but might lead to a more active than usual cycle.

LuanneP likes this.
  3. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

I'm at work so my hubby will check him soon (he's a shift worker so isn't awake at +1 & honestly, he won't go out of his way to check Merry but he will check him when he's up at least). Merry has good food spikes from his regular food so I wasn't really worried about checking him too soon. Paws crossed!

Gill & George likes this.
  4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

He may have dropped to green early in the pm cycle and come into PS flat, in which case the cycle would likely be more normal, but you never know. In a situation like that as DH is not going to be up and test till later, leaving a little extra food out (maybe higher low carb) for him to snack on can help keep him from dropping too low before DH tests.
    Stay safe Merry.

5. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

I didn't get up last night to check Merry, I slept right through til this morning but after I saw his AMPS I wished I had of checked him in the middle of the night to see how low he actually got. Merry's breakfast is always big so he can snack through out the day.

Merry is at 4.9 now so he's good :)

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice Merry!!!!! :D Surf's on!

upload_2018-1-12_11-40-25.png

LuanneP likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hmm, I see a little lime green in there today. :eek::D Looks like you are thinking reduction, in spite of Merry being a long term diabetic.

LuanneP likes this.
  8. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Yeah, @Wendy&Neko. He would have definitely went below 40 if I hadn't of intervened or had been 30 mins later getting home so I'm going to try a reduction to see how it goes. If I have to increase back to 4.75 I will but I'm going to try 4.5u :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Yay, Merry! I just love seeing his progress, he has a great Cinderella story! Paws crossed for holding the reduction.

LuanneP likes this.
  10. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

So far Merry has had an all green cycle :) This is the first time that has happened! I was glad to see him up a bit more at +11 though (but still green).

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

LuanneP likes this.
  12. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Great news! How exciting on the all green cycle!

LuanneP likes this.
  13. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

downloadfile-10.jpg Yay Merry! Just keep it safe kiddo!

LuanneP likes this.
  14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Encouraged by Merry’s ss. You kept increasing slowly for ages with nothing but pinks then he started coming down. I’m at the mostly pinks stage with each increase doing not much. I noticed you also switched to freestyle lite and numbers were better? I’m changing soon too once finished strips for current meter. Hoping I’ll see same pattern. Watching with interest.

15. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Great Job Merry!

LuanneP likes this.
  17. Fiona & Ruby

Fiona & Ruby Member

Very exciting news, keep it up Merry!:D

LuanneP likes this.
  18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Merry, the Green Machine! :D

LuanneP likes this.
  19. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Beautiful numbers today! Keep it up Merry!

LuanneP likes this.
  20. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Wow, been a long day & night of testing Mr Merry. At +8.25 in the PM cycle he dropped to 2 (36) and he decided earlier tonight that he no longer wanted the HC gravy no matter the flavor so I put a dab of honey on his gums & syringed him some of the gravy. Trying to put anything in his mouth is a fight because he remembers the last time we had to do that with the disgusting tasting antibiotic after his dental but I managed to get some in. I'm testing again shortly. It's 5:15am here & I'm very tired.

With having Merry at these low numbers, wondering what I do at shot time. He's earned another reduction this cycle so do we give two reductions in a row? I'm supposed to go out for a few hours this morning so won't be home to keep testing him as frequently & then I was hoping to sleep for a few hours.

Edit: He's 5.9(101) at +9. I'm not sure how long the honey will keep him up there since it wears off fast so gave him some more HC gravy & I'm going back to bed for 2 hrs.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  21. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Merry is 4.2(76) at +11.
    Is anyone around to let me know their thoughts on if I give him another reduction due to the lime green in the PM cycle?
    (see my reply above this one)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.