01/13- Freckles AMPS 238, PMPS 223, 171@+2.25, 175@+3 and an increase tomorrow morning :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Freckles, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Last post

No low blues and no greens...:arghh: so up to 6u in the morning:(

I feel like I'm playing a slot machine, or maybe it's more like Russian Roulette :banghead:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How did it go with Abbott today?

There was a good improvement on the last increase, paws crossed for even better this next one.

3. Judy and Freckles

Thanks Wendy. Had to do 3 comparisons between the Precision (reader for Libre and using blood droplet) and scanning the Libre - 7 minutes apart all within 1 hour (no food or no exercise within the hour). So for example blood test @9:00 then scan the Libre @ 9:07 (do this 3 times within 1 hour) I have to call Abbott tomorrow with these numbers as well as the number on the bottom of the box of the Libre. They have some formula that they plug the numbers in (likely to get a standard error of measure or something like that). They weren't at all interested in the numbers comparing to the Freestyle Lite (which are ALWAYS lower than the Precision and Libre).

I would sure like to see SS cells of blue and green with this Libre though. The Precision monitor requires a much larger blood droplet, so I won't be changing meters, plus it's ALWAYS higher than the Freestyle Lite - who wants that!!!:confused:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Judy and Freckles

Just got off of the phone with Abbott and they are sending me a new sensor. (I did not volunteer the information that the Libre was for a cat ;)) They allow 20% meter variance between the sensor and the Precision blood reading and the number variances that I am getting are higher than that (IMHO it shouldn't matter if it is for a cat or human :cat:)

@MrWorfMen's Mom I'm noticing that the range of variability between the Libre and a blood drop reading is getting smaller the lower the blood droplet number is. So maybe the Libre is not such a great idea when numbers are high, but more useful when numbers are lower? I will continue experimenting!

Sonia & Leo and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.