01/14 - Freckles, AMPS 184 did not increase

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Freckles, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Last post
    Good morning all. I hope everyone is staying warm, we are experiencing -42 C/-43.6 F with the wind this morning and our power went out but thankfully for only 5 minutes.

Freckles was set to increase to 6 u this morning but numbers were lower than normal so I decided to hold off with the increase and keep her regular dose of 5.5 u. The Libre (although I don't trust it) was showing her BG dropping and there is no one at home today to monitor, plus Freckles is still on antibiotics from her tooth extractions. I thought there were too many variables to increase this morning. DH will get a @+3 blood reading for me.

Have a good day all!

Hugs and healing thoughts to @Judy and Boomer

Sonia & Leo and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's better to be safe. I hope Freckles is recovery well from the dental. Sending prayers. I hope she surfs safely today. Wow that is cold. Glad your power came right back on.

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Dang that's cold. Glad it's not me. I guess you get use to it though.

AMPS not bad though.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Guess I can’t complain about -5, -12 with wind chill. Your place is COLD! Power outage must have caused a panic.

I stalked the SS, noticed no increase. That was a nice long stretch of blues last night. Green is the goal. It’s OK to hold 8 cycles for blues, but I would still increase at your convenience.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Thanks Wendy. Yes, green is the colour (this is the start to the Saskatchewan Roughriders football team song! lol). We increased for PM shot. I kind of forgot that it will take a few cycles for the 6 u depot to build a bit. Don't worry... wherever you are living you will be able to hear me yell "Yipee" when we finally see a green!:woot:

Wendy&Neko likes this.