01/17/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=133, +2=152, +3.5=140, +4.5=157, +11=213

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

01/16

AMPS=251

Not sure what is going on with last nights cycle (yellow). I am 99% sure there was no fur shot - so clueless. I do think the food mixture yesterday AM was too high so I switched it out last night for the PM cycle.

He is feeling good. Starving this morning - lol.

Houston is a mess. Icy roads. Cold - right now it is 20* and isn't suppose to get above freezing until around noon. Work is on a delay start. They did finally call it yesterday around 8am - just so they could make everyone drive in - they are so stupid that way.

Hope everyone has a great and safe Wednesday.

Gizmo had the best seat in the house all day yesterday.:)

gizmo011618.jpg

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How adorable. I hope Gizmo heads back down and surfs for you today. Your work sounds like some of the places around here that don't take into consideration the people that go in early. Glad you didn't go out in that mess.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Love the pic. Hope you boh stay safe and toasty warm!

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Ahh, to be a cat! :D Ignore those temporary yellows and enjoy Gizmo feeling good!

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a great pic!

6. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the photo! What a grand way to spend a cold day! :cat: Hoping it warms up for you guys - I could seriously not survive that weather, and would be happy to send you some of our warmth (and maybe not complain how "cold" it is here :p)

7. LizzieInTexas

This is very unusual for here. Wind chill is 7* :eek: Breaking temperature records all over the area right now.

It will be back in the 70's this weekend.

8. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

I wondered if it was unusual when I spoke to another vet clinic in Texas from work yesterday - apparently their fax lines were down due to the bad weather! Eek - bet those 70s will feel GOOD! It’s supposed to drop here in the next few days, but just into the 50s - which is cold enough for me HAHA!

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, thanks for the lounging Gizmo pic :bighug: Be safe in the mess down there ...here in SW Mo we started day at -5 but will be near 60 by Saturday :woot::woot:.....gotta love the Midwest :bighug:

10. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

He's not spoiled or anything like that! What a great pic. And some great numbers on his chart too.

11. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=133

History:
    AMPS=251, +2=160, +4=94, +6=82, +11=134

12. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Wish I could share Gizmo's spot. It was 14 degrees this morning, and probably worse earlier. This just doesn't happen very often in Texas. Fortunately we have a lot of sunshine all day, and my outside cats are thawing out. Haven't seen the babies, but I did see their mom at the feeder. Houston sounds worse than here, because of the ice. Did you at least get some sun today?

13. LizzieInTexas

We did. It has been sunny all day but hasn't warmed up much. The bird bath in the back yard is still frozen and there is still ice pellets/snow on the ground. Going to get back down to 21* tonight and then this mess should be over with. Work finally called off around 9am. They had said delayed start @ 11a but it was obvious it was too dangerous with ice on the roads.

14. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Here in Austin, TX (northwest part) - the kittehs think we are in a winter apocalypse. As a result, Leo and Little Dude are huddled together on the couch.

I think it got down to 25 degrees last night. It was up to 36 degrees today, and the clear blue skies were sure a nice sight.

Attached Files:

15. LizzieInTexas

Love that picture :) I didn't know you were in Texas too. :cool: Now I see it in your signature :banghead:

Yes, the sunshine and blue sky was a nice relief from the dreary gray we have had. Even if it didn't give much warmth.

JeffJ likes this.
  16. Kathy and TiTi

oh yea, way too dangerous to travel. We also going down to 20s tonight.
    tomorrow might be much warmer

17. Kathy and TiTi

HELLO TEXAN! glad to meetcha'. We were at about 36 as well. But much colder than you last night. A winter apocalypse just about describes it for me too. Lol. The NW gets a whole lot of weather, doesn't it?
    Some of my kitties piled up on me last night. Worked well for us all. Here's to warmer days.

LizzieInTexas and JeffJ like this.
  18. Kathy and TiTi

Those are two cute kitties. My outdoor cats were asking in the sun. I've acquired a few abandoned cats who've gone semi feral. Live way out in the country, so it happens. Gotta get them fixed soon.
    I slid out onto my porch this morning and took in the sun. sure was nice. But, as y'all said, still chilly.

LizzieInTexas and JeffJ like this.
  19. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a difference a PM cycle can make!!!

Love the pic in front of the fire place! It's cold here too and we got more snow this AM. It was time; all the previous snow had melted.

Kathy and TiTi and LizzieInTexas like this.
  20. Kathy and TiTi

I read NW Texas and envisioned the panhandle, Disregard, please, my weather comments. I'm just a bit NW of Austin, so pretty close to you I think.

21. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

...yes, I meant NW Austin, TX.

We had a Rufous Hummingbird about 2 weeks ago in our backyard in Austin (~January 5, 2018). It was just above freezing, but the nectar in the feeder was frozen.

Summary - I made fresh warm nectar that day. We fed him for the following week. He seems to be gone now, but we still ensure there is warm nectar in the morning and afternoons. Poor little guy. I hope he migrated south.

22. Kathy and TiTi

Poor hummingbird. Way out of season. The warm nectar might save him.her.

23. Kathy and TiTi

Still dark AND cold, with a "lovely" c hilly drizzle. YUK. At least it is reported to be cold enough to wipe out a lot of bugs.

24. LizzieInTexas

Exactly what I was saying to DH last night. Maybe knocked down the mosquitoes - fingers crossed.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.