02/01 - Ti-Mousse - AMPS: 355 - +6: 538 - PMPS: 614 -

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Feb 1, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Previous condo
    Started Levemir yesterday and numbers already going down.
    He's been on AB for 7 days (3 more days to go) and he seems to be alternating between constipation and diarrhea; I bought Florastor yesterday in case of diarrhea but didn't give any yet, as I found a small hard poop on the living room floor this morning. Usually when on AB, after 7 days he has big diarrhea! Wonder if I should give Florastor anyway ?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

SEB (Slippery elm) works great for my cats with either diarrhea or hard poop. Lots of good info here https://draxe.com/slippery-elm/

When I switched to Levemir I had to decrease the dose a few times in the beginning. He kept dropping low while his body got used to the new insulin. If you look at his SS from 7/28/18 you'll see what I mean.

Good luck with the Levemir. I'm glad I switched!:)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's great to see pink and numbers coming down. Go Lev! Will you be able to get a few more tests this weekend to strart being able to figure out his onset and nadir?

I don't think it would hurt to give a general probiotic.

4. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

I have recently become a huge fan of SEB. I have many educational resources to share if you’d like :). PM me and I’ll send, incl. ways to administer at which times best, etc.
    Everything is going to be ok :)

5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Thanks,but I've been using SEB for a long time,I also read a ton of stuff about herbal products.:)

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks for the info, good to know! As for Levemir, I'm thrilled with the shots; he couldn't stand them anymore with Lantus, growling and biting; it was probably hurting him a lot. With Lev, not a word :)

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I will test more in the coming days; at +6 he got 538, but as you said it's going to take a couple of cycles before starting to see something to work with! Is Florastor a general probiotic ?

8. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Hah!!! Meant to post this @Ti-Mousse. Sorry bout that @JoyBee&Ravan :eek:

9. Wendy&Neko

Reading about Florastor, it seems to be a S. boullardi probiotic and more for diarrhea. There are other general probiotics. The ibdkitties website has some good information on probiotics, for more than just ibd kitties.

10. Wendy&Neko

Sorry about the black, but Ti-Mousse isn't used to even pinks recently. You may want to think about increasing after 6 cycles if you aren't seeing anything below 300. The reduction in dose when starting Levemir is for those few kitties that respond strongly to the change. You may still need around the same amount of Lev as Lantus.

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

We're just starting, I'm sure he'll do better soon! Tks for the advice, I'll be testing more the next few days and be ready for a dose increase if he doesn't make it below 300.