02/10/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=199, +2=210, +4.5=161

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

02/09

AMPS=321

This is 3rd cycle back on LC food (vs. a/d). I think I need to increase but will wait to see what other say.

Today I sure wish I could go btb.

Happy Caturday.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo is still eating the LC food. It does look like he needs an increase to help get his numbers back on track.

3. LizzieInTexas

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lizzie, I too think he needs an increase to jump start him back into some better numbers. :bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. LizzieInTexas

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Love your Saturday funny... ain't that the truth! :rolleyes::D

Stacy & Asia and LizzieInTexas like this.
  7. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

:pYup so true!

I hope Gizmo continues to get better Lizzie. I've peeked in here and there and see you've been having a rough go of things. Vines to you and Gizmo
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  8. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the pic! :p
    Hope things improve for Gizmo soon. :bighug:

9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I agree with Bobbie, Gizmo needs a kick in the pants increase to get things back where they should be.

10. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Glad Gizmo eating and ua neg for ickies. Glad he’s eating. Introducing raw or any variation of it is so....individual, as in just about everything. I don’t have any tips on it other than go slow and start off with very small amounts mixed in and back off for awhile if it’s a no go. It’s always been a mixed bag of varying success with my tribe, though it seemed the older ones took to it more readily than the younger ones. Idk cats are cats and each nutritional calling or interest varies from one to the other. :banghead:

My inner hunch keeps wondering though if trying that liver shake still might be worth a try. Even if you start by offering Gizmo some calf or chicken liver blended with water to see if it resonates with him? Or a small amount of cut up liver with its juices?

Hope he continues to feel better and that you can get some rest. :bighug:

11. LizzieInTexas

12. LizzieInTexas

I am worried about the phos in the liver. Do you think phos binder could be put into the shake?

13. HWright

I think so.

14. HWright

15. LizzieInTexas

@HWright

I got all the ingredients for the liver shake! :D

How long will it last in the refrigerator? Should I add the phos binder at the time I mix it or when I give t to him? How uch is 10cc's? 1 teaspoon? Tablespoon?

HWright likes this.
  16. LizzieInTexas

Well if my calculations and research was correct, 10cc=10ml

And he liked it once he tried it! Licked the bowl clean. :)

I still need to know about adding phosphorus binder. I did not add any when I was making it but I put it in a shaker bottle so I could add it to the remainder of it or add a tiny bit to the 10cc when I feed.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    HWright likes this.
  17. HWright

The recipe as written yields about 2 cups volume. 60 cc (the maximum in a day) is about 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup (I’ll double check that when I get home in a little while) at least it was as I remember it to be when I last tried to see what 60cc translated into re cup etc volume.

I’d keep enough in fridge to last 24 hours, the rest I freeze in ice cube trays and then keep in freezer bags in freezer). Then I take out a cube or two at a time, thaw those and stir it up before offering.

I also freeze in ice cube trays a concoction of blended liver and water and in a separate ice cube tray the juice of choice, then bag each ingredient separately in freezer. That way I can make smaller batches fresh. With Azalea, I combine 2 thawed liver cubes and 1 thawed carrot juice (her juice of choice) and add the other ingredients in smaller portions and blender together.

As for when to add phos binders, I’d think it’s most effective when added to the food just before feeding? Those who use it would know better than I do about when is best time to add to food.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. HWright

Yay about Gizmo liking it and you giving it a try! Great idea about shaker bottle!

Almost home; idk about proportion of phos binder to put in per serving and your earlier question about adding it per serving or into the batch. Hoping others who are more familiar with it will chime in!

Hey Gizmo! Glad you’re liking the liver shake!
    Your fellow LS aficionado,
    Azalea :bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. LizzieInTexas

I do this with homemade pesto so I am set for that! I will freeze it up tomorrow. It will be great to have it on hand.

I used tomato juice, I got the generic brand ($1.90). I was semi-concerned about the sweetness in carrot juice. IDK. I found SPIRULINA at GNC - it was the most expensive @ $10 for a bottle of capsules. It was 5 capsules to make a teaspoon. I used chicken liver ($1.50/16oz)

I am just documenting for any one else.

HWright likes this.
  20. HWright

Oh I wish I could still have real pesto with the nuts or actually anything with nuts.. I’ve had to stay away from them for years bc of diverticulosis, a recent bout of d’titis reminding me how painful it is.

It’s great that you price out ingredients. I’m not so good at that. Mountain rose herbs.com is a good source of powdered certified organic spirulina and available by the ounce. The price of the powder is pretty good too.

I just checked my measurements and remeasured making a cornstarch slurry that’s similar consistency of liver shake: 60cc(60ml) was just shy of 1/2 cup. Or approximately 12 teaspoons (2 tsp = 10ml/10cc)= 60 ml(60cc) max dose for a day.

Hope your day going smoothly and Gizmo a happy boy. Azalea’s new mini batch is thawing!

❤️❤️

21. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=199 :cool:

Shot 1.0U

History:
    AMPS=321, +2=275, +4=192, +6=185, +9=201, +11=214

Well that PS # was a surprise! He is feeling frisky. He is currently attacking his scratcher laced with catnip. I don't know if it was the little bit of liver shake or what but he has been more active this afternoon. Ate all his PS meal in one sitting. I will give another dose of the LS (liver shake) at +2 when I test and give him his meds (Cerenia, BP and 1/4 Mirtz).

The vet office called earlier and they filled the Cerenia (yay). I paid via phone/cc and they left it on their patio (they were closed at noon - and I knew I couldn't make it in time), so that is a relief.

I'm not bragging but I make a great pesto (lots and lots of garlic with pine nuts) - I toast up some french bread rounds with olive oil and parmesan cheese and then spread with a bit of goat cheese and a dollop of pesto. Yum. Sorry about the diverticulosis. That sucks.

Thank you so much for your help today with the LS. I truly appreciate it:bighug:. I used a force-feeding syringe to measure - it has ml doses on it. It worked perfectly.

HWright likes this.
  22. HWright

All great Gizmo news! :bighug::bighug:
    Whatever the synergy, I’m very happy that Giz got pretty darn perky and happy for you! :bighug:

Re your awesome pesto: I’ll enjoy it in a virtual reality of food dreams, lol! My friend Edmee (her husband passed away a year ago) used to grow basil in my garden and make wonderful pesto, too. One season she planted basil three times: the first planting was devoured by the woodchuck who had a burrow in the stone wall. She did a second planting...same result. She was quite annoyed but did a third planting, orally warning the woodchuck to at least leave some for her. Third time the charm...mr woodchuck either had his fill or decided it would be neighborly to share. ;)

Have a good rest of the weekend, Lizzie and with vines for Gizmo to feel better each day :bighug:❤️:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.