02/19/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=144, +2=125, +3.5=124, +4.5=111, +11=179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

02/18

AMPS=138

Ate ok overnight. Left a bit in the +4.5. Good poo overnight.

Vetty visit today at 10:20a. More of an introduction. I do think I will take him (originally wasn't going to) but want to see if they will test/treat for anemia (if necessary) today and go over a plan for moving forward. Pray that this new office is going to be a good fit for us please :bighug:. The vet I have an appointment with today is the wife of the husband/wife team that own the practice and she may or may not be the permanent vet.

Off to shower and then get his stuff together.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. I hope things work out with this vet. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS and sending lots of good vetty vines for this to be a good fit! Keep us posted. :bighug:

4. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug:Adding to the good vetty vines for this morning’s appt and your afternoon telecom with holistic vet. And scritches for nice ambg, Gizmo! :bighug:

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope the new vet is a good fit for Gizmo!

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

All fingers and paws crossed this vet is a good fit! Tons of vetty vines to you and Gizmo. I hope he’s not too stressed and can get the tests he needs. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending perfect vetty vines!

8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Many prayers for a good vetty visit and that this practice is a good fit for you both, Lizzie :bighug::)

9. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Sending vines! I hope you have a good vet visit! :bighug:

10. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just have to try a new one. It either makes you appreciate your current vet a bit more or you find an even better vet. I tried 3 and wish I would have started with the first, she and her staff were leaps and bounds more knowledgeable and caring then the first vet.

Hope you get some good vibes from the new vet and you and Giz get some answers and a plan moving forward.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. LizzieInTexas

Back from the vets and I LOVE HER!!! She spent over an hour reviewing labs and meds and concerns. She is going to look into some stuff and follow up with a call and email and I go back on the 8th for another BP test and full labs (sent to IDEXX) to check BUN/Cret and potassium and phos levels. From those results we will decide on any necessary labs and tests. This will be a month from when Alum Hyd and the BP meds were started (02/07) and depending on the lab results on the 8th (03/08) we may start meds for the anemia (if necessary).

She just kept praising all that I have and am doing and kept saying "you are doing everything right". She is impressed with the handling of the FD and said that I had full control of that and unless I needed her input/advise that she would back-burner that and focus on the ckd, heart/BP and anemia issues for now.

BP was 183 and was one of the last things she did so Gizmo was in the room for an hour before that test and after she had done her exam. She may increase the BP meds but will wait to see what the test is on 03/08 but it is much better than the 240.

Total bill was $103!!

MJW, Stacy & Asia, HWright and 7 others like this.
  12. HWright

Woo hoo.:bighug: Am just heading home now but quick saying ❤️ and glad for you and Giz. Look forward to afternoon consult going well too❤️

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad things went well. :):):)

14. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Such terrific news !!!!:bighug::):bighug::):bighug:

15. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

It is so great to have someone partner with you to give him the very best care. I think it is very important that you are both comfortable with each other and can work together! Great news.

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Keeper vet!! :joyful:

HWright and LizzieInTexas like this.
  17. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear you found a great vet!!!

18. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

So great for you guys!:D:cat:

19. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

YARD DANCE!!!!

Beth 73 and LizzieInTexas like this.
  20. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=144

History:
    AMPS=138, +2=123, +4=92, +5=85, +11=148

HWright likes this.
  21. HWright

You both have had event filled day :bighug:

22. HWright

Dare I ask how your afternoon vetty telecom went?

23. LizzieInTexas

Yes. Very. I had a good consult with Dr. Bradley also. Both vets said that they are amazed with all that I am doing. It doesn't seem like it but I guess if I had to start everything all at once it would be overwhelming.

Dr. Cole (conventional vet) made sure I was ok with all prescriptions and if I need any to just let her know. She isn't to anxious to dive into a lot of tests and labs - like the GI lab, she said we may do it but right now it isn't a priority. She wants to see if the BP helps with the kidney numbers and if the alum hyd brings the phos number down and we will go from there. She doesn't want to stress him out too much. She is researching anemia and treatments and the BNP (the tech just called - we will be doing the BNP when we do labs on 03/08) and starting anemia treatment AT HOME as soon as I can get the rx filled).

So, I feel it was a very productive day.

24. LizzieInTexas

Good. A lot of history. Going to start slow and, again, evaluate next week.

HWright likes this.
  25. HWright

What a good outcome for you and Gizmo today. Glad both vets also gave you the affirmations for all that you do and that you are an amazing Bean for your Giz. Of course, everyone here in fdmb knows that but it’s extra nice when a vetty (or two!) chimes in, too. :bighug:

Glad it’s all coalescing. Also, new moon in crescent cycle...always a good harbinger ❤️.

You both must be exhausted though my hunch is that you are more so than he. I hope it’s a good exhaustion with lots of sweet dreams for you both and with more smooth sailing days here on in for you both.

Hugs, vines and restful sleep vines for you and lots of hugs and scritches and feel better vines for your sweet Gizmo!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

26. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I'm so thrilled to read all this! You must be so relieved, Lizzie! Vet sounds like a keeper for sure, and it sounds like she is willing to help you get the meds you need without having to drive all over the place and bring Gizmo in and stress him out more! What a difference! So, so happy for you both. What did Gizmo think? I know he's not calm at the vet, but did you notice any difference how he acted there? I think they have a sixth sense about those things sometimes. ;)

Great news all around! :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.