03/08 Cleo AMPS=246 +2=202 +4=130 +5=81 +6=67 +7=61 +7.5=79 +8.5=75 +11=99PMPS=117+1=256+2=249+5=281

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Delia, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delia

Delia Member

Yesterday

03/07 Recap
    AMPS=406
    +2=345
    +4=393
    +6=394
    +11=323
    PMPS=298
    +2=305
    +5=312

In this beautiful and warm Sunday morning, Cleo seems to have a lot of energy. She is very purry and playful.
    After a flat pink cycle, today we have green :D!!!

Have a good Sunday!!!

2. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Your little girl certainly did a great slide today. Those lower numbers sure do have your her engines revved up. Excellent. Now, Cleo, the big question: Where you going to go tonight?

Marilyn and Polly

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Fantastic cycle for Cleo today. :D:D:DI'm so glad she did this on a weekend when you could observe. Enjoy your evening Delia.

4. Delia

Delia Member

Marilyn, Wendy, I'm so happy for Cleo's numbers! At +11 she has 99. I think PMPS will be blue.
    I'm wondering if she is safe during the morning when I'm at work with this numbers. Is she? She went down until +7 today...

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Lovely day for her today! Are you prepped for shooting low tonight? Since you're home and can monitor, I'd go for it.

Food is your friend when you're at work - lots of regular low carb, frozen catsicles or a timed feeder. If you're nervous you can always shoot a reduced dose. Shooting tonight will help you see what she does when you shoot the regular dose into normal numbers. You do want to learn how she'll handle it when she starts low - so get a +1 and a +2 to see what she's doing tonight.

If you want to reread about shooting the full dose into normal numbers - take a look at "Where Can I Find?" - on the top part look for "Shooting and Handling Low Numbers" and in the bottom section, there are two posts - one called "Shooting Low" and one called "Tight Regulation Protocol: Myths Debunked" - look for shooting a dropping number on that last post.

6. Delia

Delia Member

Hi Julie, sure I will shot. I'm prepared for not to sleep tonight :)
    Sorry, I didn't know what a catsicle was. I searched for it and I've found this post: 1/25 Mikey PMPS 342, +2 193 +3 155, +4 81 +5 72
    So can I freeze canned food and give it to Cleo? I'm worried she eat the whole piece of ice and then she get stomachache.

Thank you for the links you posted :)

7. julie & punkin (ga)

Try it when you're home to observe what she does. The idea is that you mix some water with your regular cat food and freeze it either in an ice cube tray or muffin pans - doing both would give you 2 sizes of catsicles and they would (in theory) thaw at different rates. Hopefully she wouldn't eat it til it thaws. The goal is to have food available to her spread over time while you're gone. If she doesn't eat it all at once, you could also just leave out canned food with a couple of ice cubes in it. As they thaw it'll help the food stay fresh and not dry out. Punkin would've eaten any of those as soon as I put them down, probably even gnawing on the frozen food, so I used a timed feeder for him. I saw recently that someone (who i think was brilliant) bought 2 timed feeders and set them to go off all day long while they were at work.

I don't know what you have available to you in Italy - but we bought a Petsafe 5 Compartment feeder, which had 4 compartments covered. That meant I could set the timer to open a compartment every half hour or so for 2 hours, or on whatever schedule I wanted.

8. Delia

Delia Member

:p Cleo would do the same. I've a Petsafe 5 Compartment feeder, that you suggest me some time ago, but maybe I need two of them because I stay out too much time.

9. julie & punkin (ga)

Whoever it was that had 2 feeders set them to go off all day long. If I'd thought of it, i'd definitely have boughten a second one.

10. Delia

Delia Member

Is she bouncing? When should I test now?
    She moved during the injection, maybe some drops didn't get in? I didn't smell Lantus on fur. Unlike this morning Cleo seems very lethargic: she was waiting for timed feeder to open and she didn't noticed it was opening.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It does look like she's bouncing after than beautiful day. :( I think you can do a before bed test as your next and possibly last test tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.