03/09 Cleo AMPS=236 +1.5=196 +6=40-60 +7=151 PMPS = 401 +2=422 +5=420 +11=392

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Delia, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delia

Delia Member

Yesterday

03/08 Recap
    AMPS=246
    +2=202
    +4=130
    +5=81 :D
    +6=67 :D
    +7=61 :D
    +7.5=79 :D
    +8.5=75 :D
    +11=99 :D
    PMPS=117
    +1=256
    +2=249
    +5=281

She was going so good and I (stupid mama) gave a fur shot!!! :banghead::(
    Hope she won't return in pink again...

Have a good Monday, hope it will be the first day of a great week for all!!!

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Doh! It's a good idea to put FS in the cell with the number of units shot this morning so that anyone analysing her SS notices it easily.

She's shown us what she can do now though, hopefully she's developed a taste for it :D

3. Delia

Delia Member

I don't know if it was really a fur shot. At +1.5 she had 196. But I've sniffed her fur and I'm sure it smelled of Lantus.

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Do you wipe the excess Lantus off the syringe before you shoot? If not what you smelled could have been from what was on the outside of the syringe. If you do, chances are that some of it didn't get in.

5. Delia

Delia Member

I wipe the excess with a tissue. It was a partial fur shot. :)

6. Delia

Delia Member

Today Cleo doesn't seem interested in food. She ate partially her portions from timefeeder:
    +2 ate partially
    +4 ate at +3.5
    +5 didn't eat
    +6 postponed to +7

At +6 dh came back home, he tested twice and she was 40 an then 60. He gave her 25 g of 5.6% canned food and she ate all at once. Now he is testing again (almost +7).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  7. Delia

Delia Member

Now she's 151. In half an hour dh has to go to work. Will she be fine?

8. purrdydolly

purrdydolly Member

get him to encourage her to eat a bit more on his way out the door and leave more food available to her, chances are that 151 reflects food so she could drop back again.

9. Delia

Delia Member

He gave her food and waited to see if she ate, then he gave other food to leave it available, but she ate that too :)

10. Delia

Delia Member

I need advices about shooting tonight. PM shot is in 15 minutes. She went under 50, so she earned a reduction, right? Now she is bouncing or maybe she ate too much in the afternoon. Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  11. Delia

Delia Member

I reduced the dose as protocol says here:
    I gave her a different food (the same dh gave in the afternoon). Maybe she doesn't like anymore the taste of the other food? Or maybe the food had gone bad? She ate all the dinner, so her appy seems ok.
    Now she is making biscuits on my sweater, so seems like she is not bad.

I had been very worried this afternoon. When dh told me she hadn't eaten I was so much scared...

What will happen next? Now she is bouncing with a lower dose, so will I see very high numbers again?

Serryn, thank you for your help:bighug::bighug::bighug:. I felt so impotent far away from my little kitty:(:cat:.

12. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't catch your post sooner, at least to help relieve your anxiety. You did good. Very good!

So did Cleo. Good girl for eating your food! Mamabean gets worried when you don't.

Yes, she's going to bounce. Up to 6 cycles. Expect some wonkiness, yes perhaps higher numbers, some wobbling around. Others, I hope with more knowledge will be along to give advice about "what happens next" but for now...

Breathe. Relax. Another learning experience.

Marilyn and Polly

13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

you did the right thing by reducing her dose. It looks like she may have bounced anyway since she is read at pmps. Just test her again at plus two and see where she's at and let the numbers tell you what to do after that.

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Usually, when a cat drops below 50, you reduce the dose. With a bounce like the one you're seeing, I'd first suggest re-testing to make sure that it's not meter or strip error that you're seeing. If the numbers are in the 300s or above, you have the option of "shooting through the bounce." In other words, shoot the 3.25u dose one more time to help Cleo get through the bounce and then reduce at the following shot time.

15. Delia

Delia Member

@ Marilyn: thank you, you relieved my anxiety already many times, so don't worry. :):bighug:
    @ Julie: I'm glad I did the right thing. This was thanks of you that during all these months linked me so many resource to teach me how to manage this. Thank you so much.
    @ Sienne: I didn't know I could shoot 3.25 one more time. Thank you for saying me this. The next time I will do this. Now (+2) she's 422 :(

16. Delia

Delia Member

I don't understand: the timed feeder opened and didn't run to eat. Why does she seems not interested in food? When I say the magic word "pappa" (food in baby language, I don't know how do you say it in English) she reacts and miaows, but she doesn't go to eat. Why?

17. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Hi Delia, has she used the timed feeder reliably in the past? Don't laugh, my Tiger was scared to death of her timed "Otto" feeder for over 4 months- even today, the sound of it makes her(and me!) jump back a bit!

Other than that, is Cleo showing signs of nausea? Sniffing the food, walking away; smacking or licking her lips? Sitting all hunched up over the water bowl. I noticed you have noted on your SS, she often vomits after eating? When was her last check up and BW done?

18. Delia

Delia Member

Hi Ruth, Cleo uses the feeder since almost three months and she usually runs towards it when she hears the sound of it. Now she doesn't run but she continues to sleep. If I bring her to food, she eats it, otherwise she doesn't move.
    I didn't notice any of the behaviours you listed to me. Yes, she often vomits. She has always done that, I think (and the vets said so) that is because she eats with too much greed. Last check up was in November and also her blood analysis. Sorry, maybe it is a stupid question, but what does BW stand for?

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

BW is blood work. Cleo may be feeling a little off because of the bounce and the quick jump up in numbers. Paws crossed she gets back to normal soon. Smaller meals are better to prevent vomiting for those that like to eat quickly.

Congrats on the reduction today. It's great that your DH could be there and test today. :)

20. Delia

Delia Member

Wendy, it was a great luck that DH was home. He learned to testing because of need :)
    Poor Cleo, I don't imagine what would be happened if he wasn't at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.