03/09 Gizmo PMPS=159, +1=221, +2=172, +4=158, +5.5=149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

03/08 +11 222

AMPS 198

Have a wonderful day. Eat your fuds. Go poo, slip into something green :D. Make your bean really, really happy today. :bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo. :cool: I hope he surfs safely today.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS Gizmo! Please give momma bean a green!!

Have a nice day Lizzie.

4. LizzieInTexas

How long do you let them bounce on a new dose before deciding it isn't going to cut it? Last dose increase was 03/03 PM cycle (this is the 12th cycle). He doesn't get any lower the longer I wait (it seems). His peak is usually on the 8th-10th cycle after the initial lower numbers the first couple of cycles after the increase. He is not a dramatic number dropper - only a couple of times in the past 5 months. I am thinking about an dosecrease (maybe Friday PM cycle - that would be a full week since the last dosecrease).

ETA - he did not see green on this dose but did have some nice blues.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With SLGS you do a weekly curve and based on the nadir decide whether to increase. Can you do a curve this weekend? I do think you have room to increase though.

6. LizzieInTexas

Yes, I can do a curve but I would like to increase tomorrow PM - any reason why I can't? This allows me 5 cycles to be home with him after the dose increase (due to work). If I do the curve on Saturday then that is only 3 cycles before Monday AM. I am trying to get more aggressive with his dosing. He is has pretty predictable nadirs and cycles (always has). I know that can change but it has not so far.

ETA - I am toying with changing back to TR with 8-10 cycle increase (vs. 6) - he doesn't see the full dose benefit until at least the 8th cycle.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think you do enough testing you could probably increase tomorrow, if you don't see anything below 150 before then. Tomorrow is day six on this dose and it could be argued you are almost doing curves some nights. :smuggrin:

tiffmaxee and LizzieInTexas like this.
  8. LizzieInTexas

Would it be better if I changed my signature to TR? I am kinda doing a modification between the two because of work. I have vacation time I can take if I need to stay home with him (except for next week - which he will be coming to work with me if he looks like he needs to be monitored - I will be the only person in the department next week due to spring break - so I told boss - well, I will just bring him in - he said "do whatcha gotta do")

ETA - It is like once he gets that low on the 8-10th cycle he never gets that low again. It feels like I am chasing the green/healing numbers and they are just out of my reach. There has been other issues that had got in the way in the recent past, but now dental is done and BW is good - I am ready to tighten it up a bit. It would be a different thing if he was seeing at least the lowest number on the dose again, but he just doesn't.

9. Wendy&Neko

Maybe say something like doing TR but reductions at 70 and increasing on weekends, or whatever your modification is. Otherwise people will assume you are doing curves, increasing once a week and not increasing any more if nadirs are unde 150. At least I assumed that. :p

tiffmaxee likes this.
  10. LizzieInTexas

Ok, I updated my signature. I will get nadir test tonight and tomorrow (just to be sure). Then get a curve Saturday (and probably almost a full curve on Sunday).

I do try and do a curve (or almost a full curve) every weekend.

To get nadir tests I either have to stay up until 10p or run home from work mid-morning. The PM nadir is rough because I get up at 3:30a so to go to bed/sleep by 10:30p that means only 5 hours of sleep - and I am a walking mess (at least to try and get it every night - especially if he is bouncing). That is why I ran home this morning - because I could tell from his +11 from last nights dose and then the PS test and the +1.5 indicated that he was probably going to have an active cycle.

I am going to see how this goes. I really hope that I can get him into the green and a reduction will keep him there and at safe but healing numbers. I really feel his is almost there. .

11. Wendy&Neko

With TR you don't need a nadir test each and every cycle. At night I would get a before bed test, and based on how that compared with the preshot test I would decide if I needed to set an alarm to make sure she was safe in the middle of the night. I never worried so much about spotting what the actual nadir value was, but more on whether it was a safe number. Good that you have figured out the signals and patterns in Gizmo's numbers that tell you when you need to pay more attention.

12. LizzieInTexas

PMPS 159 (haha - dosecrease threat works again)!

History:
    AMPS=198, +1.5=200, +5.5=174

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.