03/12 Boomer AMPS 178 +3 157 +6 139 PMPS 126 +3 110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 178 shooting 1.75u
    This bean is getting really tired of seeing these blue numbers. His numbers weren't great but were better than this on the lower dose of 1.5u. I think he may be getting too much insulin and perhaps even the 1.5u was too much. Will give it today and if numbers don't improve I will likely take him back to 1.5 tomorrow.

Boomer woke us at 4:00 am. I didn't get up, knowing that his auto feeder would turn at 4:30. He eventually came btb but not until about 4:25. He ate all of his +3, all of the extra dish of food I gave him, about 2/3 of his +6 and most of his +9.

Allen ate well overnight but left a bit more food than usual. I don't think he was feeling well yesterday. In the morning when he gets his meds he kept spitting out the cisapride and finally it got mushy and I gave up. I don't know whether not having that pill was what made him feel crappy yesterday but it's something I'll watch for in the future.

Yesterday's cake smash session was a success although the little girl did tire of the cake rather quickly but she had been sick last week and was just barely over her cold. Pictures attached.

This week is March break for the schools and two of our grandchildren will be here from Monday to Wednesday.

Attached Files:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer gives you some green today. Poor Allen. I hope he is feeling better. Cute pictures.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Judy, those photos are super sweet :) Wish they had done when mine were little :bighug:Happy Monday to you, Boomer and Allen ... enjoy those grandkids :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Judy and Boomer

5. Judy and Boomer

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Well, he's slowly working his way down....better than going up, right? I hope Allen is feeling better. Whenever I had trouble getting meds into Trix to the point where they turned to mush, I'd take a short break for both of us and then try again. Great photos!

7. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

Darling photos!

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks to me like Boomer needs more insulin, not less. Remember glucose toxicity? It's always best to increase by the full 0.25 units instead of the fattening and skinnying like you did. I reserved skinnying for reductions. I would go to 2.0 units tomorrow.

Have fun with the grand kids.

9. Judy and Boomer

Well, I didn't exactly fatten and skinny....I fattened but the one time I couldn't for the life of me get the right dose so I marked it as a skinny.
    IDK Wendy, I really don't. His numbers were better when we reduced to 1.5u from 1.75. And now his numbers are :p
    He goes up at +3....what is that all about? Again Idk.

10. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 126 shooting 1.75u
    So he's been coming down all day. Maybe he's had a bad case of NDW? idk, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

NDW is long over by now. It only happens for at most a couple cycles. He could be bouncing from that 58 a couple days ago. If he doesn't clear it tonight, I would increase. It's been over a month since you decreased to 1.5 from 1.75. That's ages ago. Insulin needs can change over time.

12. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.