03/16 Boomer AMPS 299 +2.5 270 PMPS 245 +3 182

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!

AMPS 299 :arghh::arghh::arghh: shooting 2u
    What is going on here?
    Infection?
    Insulin no good? This is the last cartridge of the 5 pack and started Feb 24, the 5 pack was purchased in July 2017.

Allen has an appt with Dr Larry at noon so that Dr Larry can get a urine sample. I will see if he can see Boomer at the same time. Last b/w was June 2017.

Boomer cried just once last night right before he came btb from having a snack. He ate all of his +3 (although for the last 2 nights I've had to scoop it out onto a plate for him), all of his extra food, none of his +6 and a bit of his +9

Yesterday DH and I travelled to a nearby town where there is a wildlife preserve that attracts the Tundra Swans each spring when they're migrating. On a "high volume" day there are about 5000 swans there! Yesterday there were about 1100. I do have photos but when I got home yesterday I worked at editing the cake smash session from last weekend...I knew that if I uploaded the photos from my camera I'd work on them instead of the cake smash!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Ok taking both boys to see Dr Larry at 11:30.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines. I'm glad you can get Boomer in.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Glad that you were able to get Boomer in too Judy. Hope it's nothing serious.

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Good vetty report prayers to Boomer, Allen and you , Judy :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Judy and Boomer

Testing/feeding early so that we can leave for vetty appt at +3.

+2.5 270

7. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan joined Boomer in the 290 club this morn (292) :facepalm:. Boomer mom is threatening an insulin switch work that juice!!!

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Glad you're able to get Boomer in today too and hope the U/A collection goes well with Allen. Hopefully Boomer is just being a cat or there's a simple fix if something is off. Sending mega vetty vines and prayers for both boys :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Judy and Boomer

Back from the Vet.
    Urine collection for Allen was successful this time. Purchased 4 cans of Royal Canin renal diet and I've just given him a tiny amount of it. Also bought a bottle of B12 and instructions are to use the insulin syringe and dose 25units.

Boomer....no fever. Everything looks good except his teeth....there is inflammation there. Last dental was Sept 1 2017 and the dental vet did indicate at that time that there is another absortive lesion but that "his practice was to only remove it once it started to cause a problem". Of course he had told us about the absortive lesion after the procedure was done (or we would have told him to go ahead and take it out). So we'll book a dental for him for next month. B/w and urine for culture taken. Antibiotics to be started just in case.
    ETA: Dr Larry asked that I try to feed Boomer a bit less:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Glad it was a fairly successful vetty visit....frustrating about the tooth, but hopefully once it's out Boomer will come back down where he belongs!

11. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Feed him less ?!?!?:woot::woot::woot: That’s cute :)

12. Judy and Boomer

I knew it was coming; Boomer is definitely overweight!

13. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It’s frustrating when they just don’t take care of a potential tooth problem. Hopefully it goes smoothly and is the reason for his funny business lately. Sending good BW vines and glad the urine collection went well.

Judy and Boomer and Stacy & Asia like this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Bummer on the tooth, but it sure explains the numbers. Maybe Booms can cut out one of those overnight snacks that wakes you up. :p:p

15. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

What a shame about the tooth - that's such a frustration. Hopefully taking care of that issue will help Boomer's numbers. I feel lucky that Darwin was able to go OTJ with the nightmares we found during his dental in October! I have no doubt now that he'd probably have fallen off the OTJ wagon if I hadn't had them go ahead with his extractions. Sending vines for better numbers :bighug:

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the dental helps Boomer's numbers get back on track. :bighug::bighug:

17. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the dental takes care of those higher BGs. Anxious to see a swan pic!

18. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

I really hope the dental will bring Boomer back down. Super big bummer that the vet didn't take care of it last time.

19. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sorry about the numbers and the teeth, but on the plus side, at least you have a reason and won't need to keep wondering. I hope his culture comes back negative, bloodwork is unremakable and it's just the teeth! Poor Boomer. :bighug:

20. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am unclear why you would wait for a problem when the beginning of the problem presented itself. Especially for a FD kitty.

Glad you have something to explain those weird numbers though.

Boomer just is carrying some extra fluff...for winter....you know...

21. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

22. Judy and Boomer

I have no idea why he did it. He's not our usual vet, we just took Boomer to him because of 3 extractions.

23. Judy and Boomer

uh huh. lol. And he keeps it for Spring, Summer and Fall.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  24. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 245 shooting 2u
    And I guess I need to increase again tomorrow morning and will unless he gives me some sign that he's actually going to work this dose. I'm going out for a while tomorrow taking my daughter and granddaughter shopping for granddaughter's grade 8 graduation gown, but DH will be here.

25. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.