03/19 Ti-Mousse back from dental & not eating - PM +1: 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Mar 19, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Ti-Mousse was scheduled today around AM+7 for dental surgery. He had 6 extractions.... picked him up at AM+10. His mouth bleeds a bit and he is so sleepy; drank so much when he got home then went to sleep in his chair. Took his BG at PM+1:329. Gave him insulin regular dose and buprenorphine.
    Cannot have him to eat; put a bit on my finger of something he really likes, nothing...

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines. That's quite a few extractions. Poor Ti.

3. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

o_O
    Cannot get him to eat... did vet say he would/ should?

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Poor darling, he has a sore mouth. Lyane, can you get some baby food meat (no additives, seasoning or flavoring), mix it with warm water and see if he will eat that. Or mix down some of the pate with warm water, make a soup
    You can also slow boil a chicken breast and offer him the cooled broth. Then freeze up the meat and use it later.

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Yes he should be eating at least a little tonight, but that's not the case ...:( It's been almost 16 hours he didn't have anything !! I'll keep open up cans....

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I don't have any baby food and stores are all closed right now, it's almost midnight! (but I'll get some tomorrow in case I ever need any...); I tried what he likes best with water on my finger, put a bit on his nose, he smelled and went back to sleep!!
    I'll go boil chicken and see if I can get him to have broth. Tks for the help !!

Crista & Ming likes this.
  7. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't realize about the time difference. I have learned to have the baby food meat on hand for after dentals, just in case. So far Idjit still has all his teeth, but he's always pretty goofy afterwards. I sure hope you can find something that he will eat/drink, and the residual anesthesia dissipates soon. If you have ever had surgery, you know it can last awhile, plus he's getting pain meds.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

What some spaghetti cheese, do you have any of that? See if he licks that off your fingers then sprinkle some on a bite of food.I

Also I hear oregano is something to try.

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I'll try the spaghetti cheese, never know he might like it !!

10. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Dear Lou, don't worry about the time difference... when you take care of a little kitty there is no time... It's almost 1 o'clock in the morning and I'm cooking chicken breast to get brought :) I was worried earlier and thought it was too late to post, but I'm so glad I did. Never alone, always wonderful people there to help you. Thanks :bighug:

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have never been able to find all meat babyfood in Canada. Tiki Cat has some Velvet Mousse that is supposed to be similar. Maybe purée up the chicken with broth so it is easy to lick.

I hope Ti Mousse stays up for you.

12. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Poor little guy. Cheese may be salty though, may hurt his mouth? I agree with baby food in the morning. The vets give that here when cats are really sick or won’t eat. Chicken, turkey or beef, they say no ham, too salty. Boiled chicken may work, just mash to a pulp and add a little water. Really needs something he can lick until his mouth heals. Part may just be the drugs, he hopefully will bounce back in the morning. Feel better little Ti-Mousse:cat:

13. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Huh, really! My coworker brings meat baby food for patients overnight. Maybe I'll ask her where she gets it next time I see her.

They also sell those tubes of cat food paste at pet stores. I see them at Wal-Mart as well.

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A lot of the meat babyfoods have corn starch or wheat in them, in other words, carbs.

15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

He likes Tiki Cat but not tonight; I'll look for that Mousse, if he's OK with it, I'll get some, it's always good to have a nice "reserve" ! Thanks Wendy, I'm so happy this is over; now, he's gonna heal and then we'll try hard for remission!

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  16. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Good point Wendy!

Beechnut has no starch if you can find it, they sell that brand at Walmart in the states anyway. Just meat and broth. They have chicken, turkey and beef flavors. I checked a Walmart in Quebec and did not see that brand:(maybe not in Canada.

If another brand that is organic, you might get lucky.

As a comparison...
    Gerber chicken does have carbs as 2 g or 1% for entire jar and corn starch is listed last, so lowest component.

Ground Chicken, Water and Corn Starch