03/20 Ti-Mousse - AMPS: 248 - + 8: 290 - pmps: 308

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Mar 20, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo 03/19

Yesterday's Dental finally over (6 extractions)! Thanks again to all those who were there for Ti-Mousse. :bighug:

I was happy he started to eat a bit during the night. This morning he was ready for breakfast; didn't eat as much as usual of course, but had a good portion:) Buprenorphine is not that easy to give with his little sore mouth and chin!
    Goodbye winter, see you next year ...:joyful:

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good news that Ti-Mousse is eating. His mouth will continue to heal and soon he'll get used to not having those 6 teeth. The Kitty Toofs Fairy will put a special treat under his pillow tonight!:cat:

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he ate a little. Hang in there mom.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I hope she won't leave him a toothbrush ?? :p

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I'm sure he'll be OK in a few days!!

6. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Glad to hear that Ti-Mousse is on the mend; those poor little mouths look so miserable at first! Our vet wants us to brush Shaddie's remaining 3 teeth. Over the years, I have tried - it it had worked, his mouth wouldn't have been such a mess. But once we get everything else cleaned up, we'll probably give it a try - though the lack of teeth hasn't slowed him down. I gave Benny a couple of Greenies to boost his BG, so of course I had to give Shaddie a couple as well. Even with no teeth and a sore mouth, he hoovered them right down.

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

It's amazing to see how fast they recover! As for the teeth brushing, I'll give it a try at some point but if I don't succeed, I won't make a fuss out of it!! As you said, if it had been good, Shaddie would not have had so much problems with his little mouth!

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Ollie doesn't tolerate brushing and finding toothpaste with no sugar isn't easy.

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Yes, that's something we have to think of !!

10. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Dentals are so stressful, but Ti-Mousse will be good-as-new-only-better soon. Vines for that to be very soon.:bighug:

11. Julie and Honey

I got that Petsmile, chicken flavor, that was recommended awhile back, no sugar in that one. Had a coupon from the company, still not cheap. You only need a little, figured if it helps, cheaper than pulling more teeth. Have not been able to use it, tried once, then started poking her, so I figured one thing for now. Doesn’t need brushing, says rub a little on outside edges of teeth next to side of mouth, the enzymes are supposed to do the work.

12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks, so nice of you! Today I was so relieved from yesterday's stress that I even FORGOT to test him at +6 :oops:! He's gonna feel so much better and hopefully have lower numbers!

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You will likely see some inflammation from the extraction for the next week or so, after that his numbers may come down. Paws crossed.

You can use either a piece of gauze or a baby face cloth dampened with just water to wipe junk off their teeth. You don't need to go all fancy on toothpaste and a tooth brush. And it's an easier way to start even if you do want to brush.

14. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Don't worry, I prefer to avoid brushing if I can... I'll try with the gauze, but will make sure it's completely healed before playing there! You always have good ideas! :)
    I didn't think of inflammation so I won't be worried if it happens. Low numbers will follow !!

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The idea was my vet’s for the gauze, Marje’s for the baby face cloth.

After Neko’s major dentals, numbers actually went up a bit with the inflammation.

Yeah for spring! Broke into 20C here today. First time this year.:)

16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

For sure I'll try the gauze, it seems less "intrusive" (not sure if it's the proper word, don't forget I'm French speaking). Marje's idea is good too!
    Yeah for spring! Here we still have snow banks of 5-6 ft high everywhere, but it's 8C and we're happy it's melting!:joyful:
    If numbers go up, I'll know why and they'll come down after, hopefully !

17. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad Ti-Mousse came through the dental well and is eating! Hope it brings his numbers down soon.

Your english is excellent! I didn’t even realize it wasn’t your first language.

18. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

We had a rep come into work today and she introduced a few products. One was a water additive (ventrident) but Ming hardly drinks any water and I'm not sure about Ti-Mousse. They also had wipes but I bet a gauze is just as effective as a wipe with whatever chemicals. There was a spray and of course toothpaste.

And yay! Go Ti-Mousse!!

19. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

"soon" seems to be this morning: 112 :joyful:

20. Julie and Honey

Good kitty:cat: