03/21 Ti-Mousse AMPS: 112 - +5.5: 261 - PMPS: 355 - +4: 380

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Mar 21, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo 03/20
    Springtime, Ti-Mousse is going to the Beach! Heading to the Lagoon soon ???
    I almost choked when I saw his number this morning, it woke me up fast. :woot: My meter is in mmol, so "6.2" seems very close to "2.7", compared to mg, where "112" seems far from "50"!

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lyane. 112 is still his lowest AMPS ever, green may be coming real soon...

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Yes, it is his lowest. :) Hope he likes it and keeps on. The big Dental he had 2 days ago should help with nicer numbers, hopefully! Let's go for green slowly but surely!

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Very nice start

5. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I know how you feel about our meters in mmols. I always feel less panicked after I see the converted numbers.

Keep at it Ti!!!!! Glad he’s eating.

6. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Nice going, Ti-Mousse! Join Benny for a nice swim!

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Surf safe, Ti-Mousse!

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The powers of a good dental !!!!!

Good going Ti !!!!! Hope you are starting to feel better now.

9. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

My spirits always lift when Bear has better BG.
    I'm so happy for you and Ti-Mouse. :bighug:

10. Bear & Lora

Bear & Lora Well-Known Member

Ha, ha, my imagination gave me a good visual of this statement.
    Except for some reason it added a cup of coffee in your hand with a small sip in your mouth and big eyes with eyebrows raised, lol.

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

EXACTLY... you only forgot the sudden sweating :D

12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Benny is good at swimming now, but I doubt Ti-Mousse is ready to put his paws in the water... but we never know!

Erin & Scott likes this.
  13. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I'm so relieved! He must be feeling better; he slept with me last night, he's watching birds, huge appetite is back this morning! Surgery was done Tuesday afternoon only, amazing how fast he got back to normal... So if he keeps on like that, I'll have to watch his numbers more carefully... ;)

14. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yes you will. Wish I could bounce back that quick.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I bet the blue start did wake you up! Good job shooting. If you could get a PM +11 some cycles then you would know if the AMPS is rising or falling. It helps make shooting lower AM numbers than you are use to a bit less stressful if you know the number is rising.

Poor ears, I saw on your SS that they are painful. ugh. Are you able to get any aloe vera gel with lidocaine, the kind you put on sunburns in Cananda? When Bubba's ears got really bad, I would put that on his ears and they would heal up so fast and be less painful. Or Neosporin with pain reliever in it.

16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Now I understand why taking a PM +11 !! When he was scheduled for dental, I thought let's get ready for remission, I'm optimistic ! So, I printed out the instructions of "How to handle low numbers" and "How to handle lower pre-shot numbers" and I remember reading getting a PM +10 or +11 and for me, it was not clear WHY! It's clear now: AMPS rising or falling!! Now I'll get up earlier to take his +11 to see what's going on and I'll think of you while my coffee drips :coffee::)

Dyana likes this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With Levemir kitties, nadirs are often later, and a nadir at +12 is not uncommon. But onsets are also later, so it’s easier to shoot low as you have longer to feed and get them up. And getting some spot checks at +1 will tell you how much their numbers will bump up from food. It was easy for me to shoot low knowing that the meal would add 30 points or so.

18. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Every time I test, I put some Polysporin w/2 AB; Wendy suggested Polysporin Complete with pain relief; that's what I'm gonna get tomorrow. As for the AloeVera gel w/lidocaine, I should be able to get some here; will shop for it tomorrow at the same time as for the Polysporin Complete! :)

And for the BLUE this morning, it woke me up alright!! Looking for the "Handling low numbers.... " printed instructions which were not yet on the fridge, of course....:woot:
    When you look at numbers on mmol meter, it's frightening.. 6 it so close to 2, compared to 150 to 50 on a mg meter... Thanks for all this!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  19. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I'm trying to understand the basics, which I should know by now. As Ti-Mousse will probably go down, I want to be able to act instead of react, so I have a few points to clear up!

If I test +11, I'll know at PS if he's going up or down ! (Tks to Bobbie) If I test +1, I'll see how much points food will add to PS !

Questions:
    - If nadir is +12 AM, does it mean it's +12 PM? Probably not, it would be too easy!! Could there be an overlap because of food, or something else? If so, how can you track the next nadir ?

- How can I find why Ti-Mousse is always high at PMPS? This is a problem for me that I would really like to solve or work on !

I swear next time, I won't ask anything :p

20. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS this morning! Looks like Ti-Mousse is bouncing right back from his dental! Hope he gives you some more great numbers soon!

21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The nadir is the low point after the onset for that shot, whenever that happens to be. I even spotted Neko’s Lev nadir at +15 a couple times. I know it was the nadir of the previous shot, cause she hadn’t onset yet, meaning it was still the action from the previous insulin shot. Nadiring at preshot time does mean at +12. What I liked about that, when it happened, is that I was always home for that nadir. :) There can be overlap if there is still insulin action from the previous shot when the next one onsets. One tapers off as the other starts. That’s how you can get really nice flat cycles.

As for why lower at AMPS, I would have to know more about what is happening at night. Kitties often go lower at night, meaning they night are starting to rise from a lower number, so haven't gotten as high by AMPS time.

22. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

The only difference I can see between AM and PM cycle is food! During AM cycle, he gets breakfast at AMPS, lunch around +8 and then snack at PMPS! Then no feeding unless what's left from PMPS!
    Could this make such a difference ? He never has nice numbers at PMPS! Maybe I should change something during daytime or nightime!

23. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I wanted to thank you for suggesting this pain free Neosporin a few weeks ago; in Canada it's marketed as Polysporin and I got it with 3 AB pain free and his ears are better and don't seem to hurt as much now!! Testing is a bit easier :)