03/22 Ti-Mousse - AMPS: 284 - 4.5: 139 - PMPS: 288

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Mar 22, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo 03/21
    Slow start today for Ti-Mousse! Next week, when he's off all meds from dental, I'll try to test +1 and +11 to have a better picture. It's Friday and a lot of things on my to-do list :(

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Ugh, as much as I love weekends, it gets depressing knowing all the things you should be doing instead of lazing on the couch and reading. :p Adulting is not nearly as fun as they made it out to be, haha! I'm glad to hear Ti-Mousse is doing better after his dental! Poor guy! I hope he continues to improve and I hope you get your list done with plenty of time to relax!!

3. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Don't remind me haha! I'm notorious for spending all weekend in my bed to a point where my mom tells me to change my sheets before I camp out under the covers for 2 days :woot::woot::woot:

Woo hoo for Ti-Mousse!

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Maybe every second weekend, we should take a whole day off "lazing on the couch and reading" .. that would be nice! :p

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From yesterday
    That might explain it. It is best to feed the majority, if not all of the carbs before nadir. After nadir the insulin action is slowing down, and adding carbs after that will “put the brakes” on the insulin action. I can’t really tell from looking at Ti-Mousse’s spreadsheet when his nadir on Levemir is. Maybe that lazing on the couch day can included a few pokes in the latter half of the cycle to try to find when nadir typically is. +8 might be too late or not. If it is late, that would make PM numbers higher. I would also think about splitting his PM food into two feedings. Maybe save part of it for before bed, so he has some fresh carbs to slow down any drop at onset.

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

OK I understand. First, try to find his nadir and then adjust feeding schedule accordingly (most of carbs before nadir) and for PM cycle, food after shot and little snack before bed!
    Unfortunately the lazing on the couch day is not for me !! I wish I could :) But I just tested Ti-Mousse at +4 which I very seldom do and he's 139 compared to 284 at AMPS.
    Tracking the nadir now and starting Polysporin Complete Pain Relief; hopefully his ears will support more pokings!
    I'm not asking anymore questions, told you yesterday I would not! :p Thank you so much Wendy for all your help! :bighug:

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

No problem asking questions. Maybe other people are reading your posts and have the same questions too.

Any chance of testing around +6? Quite the drop for him to that +4.

8. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Unfortunately, I'm just back from a doctor's appointment! Tomorrow I'm home babysitting so I'll do another +4 and +6 if he drops. Next week, I intend to do more testings!

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Happy he has a YELLOW at PMPS; he's most of the time in PINK :joyful:

Sonia & Leo likes this.