04/04/20 Teal'c Amps 409 +6 317 +9 330 +11 307

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Teal'c, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

When you have time, could you please fill in the PMPS for the last three nights?

More important than the AM and PM preshot values, Teal'c's mid-cycle tests are where you'll find the most information about how well this dose is helping him. He's hitting some nice blues! Just keep testing and try to get in those mid-cycles whenever you can. The AM and PM pre-shots are more about safety than how well the insulin is working.

Have a great day!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Patty works a 12 hour shift, plus has a commute back and forth to work. So she can be gone from home for 13 hours.
    The best she can do, on the days she works night shift, is get a +11 test before the PMPS.
    It's also why she often can not get tests at mid-cycle in the PM cycle.
    She works nights. And rarely knows her schedule more than a few days in advance.
    Patty sleeps during most people's normal daytime hours. And shorts herself on sleep to get as much testing done as she can, take care of 3 other pets, her husband, her home and all the normal life responsibilities people have. Her husband works day shift and they rarely see each other.

p.s. Know all this about Patty and her life, because I was helping Patty out in the Prozinc forum when MrWorfMen's Mom quit helping after the death of her elderly cat, and all those folks in the Prozinc ISG were left without help for a long, long time.

4. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Stayed a little pink today better then red or black. He was very active today. Tried to rush me at the back door when I was bringing the dogs back in. Seemed extremely hungry today. Actively searching for food when I got home this morning and again after I picked up the food at +10.

Thank you Deb for explaining my situation. The husband does know how to test but won't. He said his hands are too big, that they dwarfs Teal'c's head and Teal'c doesn't like it. That's why I test just before I leave for work. I have added an extra column and have added my work schedule. I'm able to make the amps because I'm able to leave work 20 to 30 mins early so I can make it home in time. I know it's not the best situation but it's the one I'm in.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hopefully see both the depot built and bounce resolved tomorrow.

The notes in your signature are quite helpful in explaining your situation.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Maybe Teal'c doesn't like it, but I've seen some surgeons with hands like clubs...dexterity has little to do with the size of their hands...just sayin' - you're doing great and dealing with it the best you can.... :)

Deb & Wink and Patty & Teal'c like this.