04/10 Furball +10=146 AMPS=211 PMPS=368

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-10-5-205-pmps-237-2-190.193876/#post-2168494

Furball was happy & purry this morning. I hope she doesn't bounce today. I got a 127 at +3.75 last night, but couldn't stay up to test any later.

Simba's mouth is still bothering her and bleeding some, but so far she is still eating. The Pet Cancer docu-series mentioned Arnica Montana to stop bleeding last night. Does anyone know anything about using this with cats?

Here is the link. It is available until tonight's episode (the last one) starts at 9PM EST.
    https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/pet-docuseries/episode-6/?gl=5ac7a007210d2a1c6d29f456

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Carla, Looks like Furball had a nice cycle last night!

I have used arnica lots of times in the form of an ointment. It is amazing stuff for trauma . Also, right before Bubba had his right eye removed, my homeopath instructed me to rub the arnica all over the orbital area prior to the surgery. He had no swelling post operative. It was amazing.

The arnica montana is pellets and you would put a few it the water. The homeopathy pellet are undetectable, odor or taste. I just used some rescue remedy in the water the other day and none of the pets objected. I would definitely get some and try it. It might make a big difference for Simba's comfort.

3. carfurby (GA)

Thanks Bobbie. I was wondering if I could crush the pellets and mix it in her food.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

It would be better in the water.

5. carfurby (GA)

Thanks Bobbie.

6. carfurby (GA)

@Bobbie And Bubba Do you know what the potency is (30C?) and how many to use? Thanks.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

I am not sure about the potency for the application you are using. Didn't the film say? With homeopathy, one dose is three pellets . I don't think you could go wrong with any potency that you choose. Homeopathy is so safe ( no child locks on the bottles)

BTW, I started watching a this morning and will look at it in its entirety tonight hopefully. It is very interesting! And wondering if you are using cannabis also for Simba ? The film mentioned it to kill off cancer cell. Pretty cool stuff.

8. carfurby (GA)

@Bobbie And Bubba It didn't say the potency. The epsiode is about an hour long and will disappear when the next one starts at 9PM EST tonight.

@LizzieInTexas sent me some canna capsules to try. I tried mixing some it in her food, but she wouldn't eat it. I think it smelled too strong. I've not tried anything since then. I can't give her anything by mouth, so it has to be mixed in food or water.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bummer that she detected it in her food. Does she like tuna juice? It's so strong smelling that maybe you could sneak some in there for her.

I am so hoping that I will be able to see the whole episode tonight before it disappears.

10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice to see that blue on Furball's ss!

11. carfurby (GA)

I don't have any more to try. I'd have to buy something.

12. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Carla, I use Arnica Montana pellet form from time to time for all my kitties . It is great for pain . I use 30c potency . I just gave it to civvie for mouth pain after surgery .. 1x a day for 3 days . I would dissolve it in small amount of water ( 1 teaspoon) and mix in with food .Hopefully the less diluted the more effective ...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Nice start, Furball, no bouncing please!

I hope the arnica works, my (human) girls use the gel often for muscle aches, I didn't know it was used in cats. The pellets should dissolve pretty easily. The canna can come in an oil too, not sure that would help with the taste, but like Bobbie said, I think you could sneak some oil in tuna juice or anything extra pungent for sure. They say some cats enjoy it flavor wise because it's similar to catnip. I give Asia the pills, but I hide it in some kraft cheese and she eats it whole because she doesn't have teeth to chomp it.

14. Beth 73

That was 1 pellet , 1 time a day for 3 days... that is what homeopathic vet prescribed .

15. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope Simba feels better today.

16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I found this.

Arnica 30c. This homeopathic remedy provides pain relief for muscle strain, bruising and soft tissue damage. Most health food stores sell homeopathic remedies. Let theArnica pellet dissolve on your cat's tongue or dissolve it in a glass with four ounces of spring water, stir 10 times and give ½ teaspoon to your cat.Jun 26, 2009
    What Can Cats Have As a Pain Reliever? | Cuteness
    https://www.cuteness.com/article/can-cats-pain-reliever

I have missed E4&E5...sounds like last night was a good one. Tax season:rolleyes:

Sounds like I need to listen to last nights today during work.

17. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I do hope the Arnica helps sweet Simba:bighug:.
    Sounds like others have had great success

18. carfurby (GA)

19. Bobbie And Bubba

20. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Carla, I’m sorry that I’ve been out of the loop for the past few days, we’re all still adjusting and I came down with uri.

I have an unopened container of Boiron Arnica Montana 30c and maybe some 200c and I’m glad to send it to you. It does help with visceral pain, surface and deeper pain. Hypericum is also good for nerve pain.

Another homeopathic that helps with bleeding, particularly bright red bleeding, is phosphorus. Bo had bouts of nose bleeds. It was amazing how phos helped to stop the bleeding. I know I have some 30c and maybe some 200c and will gladly send it to you, too, along with a couple of small squeeze bottles to succuss and store them in. I understand how sensitive Simba’s mouth is. Once the remedy is succussed, add a tiny bit to water or even on food if she won’t let you near her mouth. It needs only to make contact with mucous membrane or skin. There have been times when I dosed a drop of remedy on inside pinna of ear, where there’s the least amount of fur.

There is also a Chinese herb Yunnan Baiyao that is very effective for bleeding, dark bleeding and often when cancer is involved. It is very strong smelling and very concentrated so very little is needed. My TCM HV also used it for Bo when he started to have darker red nose bleeds (likely he had nasal or sinus cancer) . Here is some info about it.
    https://www.mspca.org/angell_services/yunnan-baiyao-to-use-or-not-to-use/

I’ll look for the source of the brand that he used.

Sending heaps of love and vines,
    Sina

Reason for edit: Typo
    Beth 73 likes this.
  21. carfurby (GA)

@HWright Thanks Sina. I bought some Arnica Montana 30C today. When Simba's mouth bleeds, it is dark red. It is from the cancer in her mouth. The vet warned me it would start bleeding. I don't know if the phosphorus would help with that. I'll check out the Yunnan Baiyao link and see what it is. I can't give her anything by mouth. She clamps her mouth shut if I try. Anything has to go in her food or water. If you still think the phosphorus will help, I'd be willing to try it.

You don't need to apologize. You've been through a lot lately. I hope your URI is better. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carla,
    I hope the Arnica Montana in tablets will help. My friend who is a holistic practitioner swears by it for humans. And it seems like it's good for cats, too. Sending many vines and prayers for Simba. I hope that the last session tonight will give you some more good information.

Furball, no bouncing, please!

HWright and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  23. Beth 73

Carla, just rechecked my notes and my homeopath vet had me give civvie Arnica 30c 2x a day for 3 days , not once a day . Ideally you would give it to Simba by mouth ( either directly from the vial lid or dissolved in small amount of water and syringe) but since she can’t handle that I really think putting it , dissolved in small amount of water , in her food where she will get the full dose as she eats . Praying with all my heart that it helps sweet Simba :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas and carfurby (GA) like this.
  24. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Still thinking about Simba, and sending some good energy to him.
    Furball's looking good, but yea bouncing is a pain. TiTi's bouncing high cuz of her hyuge kbble raid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.