04/14 Nam-kha AMSP 382 +3 200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cyndy, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyndy

Cyndy Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/nam-kha-pmps-432-1-400-3-180.194118/

Hello everyone,

It seems that Nam-kha is still doing ups and down today, I'll do a +4 and 5 to confirm. She ate DM dry food and DM wet food (but just about a tea spoon because she doesn't like it). She's also not in a great mood, she didn't go for her 10 minutes in our backyard this morning, and it's not even cold today.

What would you advise to get her back to "normal" and stop those ups and downs?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Any chance you can reduce the amount of dry food - do it slowly. The DM is higher carb food that you want to feed a diabetic. A lot of cats also don't like the DM wet food as it's pretty high in liver. There are lot of commercially available low carb wet food or raw options in Canada that are suitable for diabetic cats. Getting rid of higher carb food might help her numbers.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to Lantus and Levemir. I am glad that you are home testing! We would like to see kitty on a wet food that is 10% or under . If you need a list of available foods available to you in Canada, please post and I am sure on of our Canadian friends will be able to provide a list for you.

I am glad you found this site, everyone here is so wonderful and so knowledgeable so please keep posting and asking questions so we can help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.