04/15/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=178, +2=240, +4=211, +11=229

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

04/14

AMPS=245, +2=156

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

2. LizzieInTexas

Tested 2x +4=40 :eek:

Wow. Sure didn't see that one coming. Ok, So, back to 1.25u? Correct? I moved his +4.5 food up and he is eating it now.

3. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

4. LizzieInTexas

:banghead::banghead: typical of him. Just when I think things are calming down and have a rythem going.

I had to wake him up and drag him off the floor where he was laying in the sunshine to test him. Absolutely no indication he was low.

5. LizzieInTexas

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::woot::bighug::woot::bighug: Happy Sunday , Lizzie

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow. Gizmo sure does keep you guessing. I hope he comes up and surfs. I'd go back to the 1.25 units.

8. LizzieInTexas

IKR? Geesh :D. 200 pt drop in 4 hours. He will bounce. Lol. SMH. At least he broke through and I caught it.

9. LizzieInTexas

+4.5=39

Gave him a small helping of MC.

10. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

1.25 u it is o_O Gizmo.

11. LizzieInTexas

+6=48

He is right at Nadir. I am going to take a shower and will retest when I am done. No food given.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That's what happened to us! As soon as I changed from rotating the shoulder area to the scruff into the rotation, BINGO!

13. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

So dramatic! o_O

14. LizzieInTexas

So are you only shooting the scruff now? Are you worried about scar tissue?

15. Bobbie And Bubba

No, I just added the scruff into my shoulder rotation, left shoulder, right shoulder, middle scruff, left scruff, right scruff, then start over.

16. LizzieInTexas

I have to, since work and sleep interefer with testing during the week :cool:. I sure hate to with PS #'s yellow but it is what it is. :bighug:

17. LizzieInTexas

Hmm. Going to have to put a post-it with a shooting schedule at the shot station. Lol. Right now I shoot opposite sides AM/PM and alternate shoulder and flank "saddle" area. Hubby swears it is shooting the scruff that brings him down (hubby shoots scruff on Sunday AM when I sleep in). I never shoot scruff, I just find it easier on his sides.

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Supposedly, the scruff has poorer absorption and when Bubba first got DX the vet said to avoid the scruff. But, after a nice lengthy discussion on absorption on @Tracey&Jones thread , ( I think it was that one), I started thinking about scar tissue and maybe I should try a new site. The scruff seemed easier to try than the sides or belly and BANG, he started dropping in numbers.

HWright and LizzieInTexas like this.
  19. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

20. LizzieInTexas

That is why I tagged you - I thought you might find it interesting.

+7=54

Other than the yucky yellow PS # - this has been a beautiful cycle :D. So, so very happy to see my boy back in the greens!!

LOL. Too funny. :smuggrin:

21. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

It got moved to Think Tank....I have that one book marked.

Absorption is in the title.

22. LizzieInTexas

It was (is) an interesting discussion. Thanks.

23. LizzieInTexas

Osha and SK are looking great! How is everyone? How is Sebastian? I hope he hasn't had any more seizures.

24. Beth 73

:woot::woot::woot::woot:Gizmo !!!!:woot::woot:

25. LizzieInTexas

:D

I knew we had to be getting close to a break through. It has almost always happens with 1.5U or 1.75U and 5-6 cycles into those doses.

I have a phone appointment with Dr. Pat next Monday. She wanted to wait until he was done with AB before we pursued anything going forward. I am hoping she can help with his energy. I wish I could get his potassium level up too. I think that would help too. I just can't get him to eat the potassa-chews unless I hand feed them to him. I have bottles scattered throughout the house and give him 1-2 when ever I think about it.

Is there a good website for holistic meds? I am looking more for my own education. I have never used them before but am going to try the Arnica Montana for my neck, back and leg cramps and spasms.

26. Beth 73

Hand feeding the chews with bottles thru out your house:bighug: And a full time job ! You are something else, Lizzie :bighug: . Amazing !!!!

Most of my experience using homeopathy has been with my animals( thru Dr Pat) but I plan on taking classes for more knowledgeable use with myself and family as well . My favorite book for animals is Natural Health For Dogs and Cats by Dr Richard Pitcarin( Who Dr Pat was trained by ) and my favorite book for humans is Prescription for Natural Cures by Dr James Balch . Both these authors were first DVM / MD before going into natural medicine . I like that ab Dr Pat, that she is a DVM and homeopath. Dr Balch( human doc) has several book titles and I have /use them all . They are so informative and easily understood . Another good one is Homeopathy: Beyond Flat Earth Medicine ... It explains the whole rationale behind homeopathy. Dr Pat recommended it to me 20+ years ago . All are available on Amazon .

Hope this helps:) I am in no way against allopathic medicine and consult my traditional doctor/vet . BUT, I will say that studying and using natural /homeopathic methods has given us more options and the choice to use the natural with and /or over the allopathic .
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. LizzieInTexas

Cool. Where are you taking the classes? That would be interesting.

Thanks for the book info. I did a bit of reading over on the boironusa.com website. I am going to try the Sinusalia for my allrgies too.

I am all for alternative options. I think that there is much benefits to them. I hate taking meds. Like Gizmo, I am pretty sensitive to some of the side effects. Fortunately I don't have to take many or too often.

Beth 73 and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  28. Bobbie And Bubba

I used to have horrible allergies every spring, my nose would run like a spicket, and after doing some remedies, they are gone :) That was about 5 years ago. I do think I need a refresher because I am starting with some sneezing again but nothing like I use to experience. I love not having to take OTC stuff that dries out my sinuses and makes me drowsy or effects my liver.

HWright, Beth 73 and LizzieInTexas like this.
  29. LizzieInTexas

What did you use? I live on nose spray, Sudafed and saline rinses. I am congested all the time but my nose runs constantly and watery eyes. Drives me crazy. With the Sudafed I have to take early in the day (not difficult with the time I now get up :rolleyes:) but if I take it any later than 10am or take more than 1 dose per day I am jittery at night.

30. Beth 73

Lizzie, as far as classes I was going to take an online course from Herbal Healer out of Arkansas this past winter. I buy my organic ingredients for Essiac tea from her . Then my 95 yr old, normally healthy mom who lives 3 hours away had back to back health situations of shingles then mild stroke THEN the nasty bronchitis that hung on for 2 months so had to put taking class on hold but hopefully get to it this summer . I’m excited at the prospect of learning more ab applying to humans :) You also might ask Dr Pat ab books she’d recommend for we non furry creatures:rolleyes:;)

31. Bobbie And Bubba

One was for mold , Eastern Mold Mix 30 x, and the other bottle just says " allergy" I will ask my homeopath what is .

carfurby (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  32. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Well, that escalated quickly! :confused: Sounds like it's time for a reducie!

33. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=178

History:
    AMPS=245, +2=156, +4=40, +4.5=39, +5=53, +6=48, +7=54, +9=94, +11=173

Yep. Took him down to 1.25U. Because I work I can't do the 3x's under 50 (long time diabetic) because I can't monitor. We may have to bounce back/forth between doses for a bit, but soooo happy he broke through his stubborn streak! :D

34. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Totally understandable! I hope that the 1.25U works well for him and that you don't have to bounce back and forth between doses :) Maybe he will surf right along on the 1.25! :cat:

35. LizzieInTexas

We can always hope - lol, but he tends to make life difficult for me :rolleyes:. He makes up for it by making me laugh and smile every single day :)

36. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

That sounds like a good trade off in my opinion ;) Cats just enjoy being difficult, they wouldn't be cats if they weren't!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.