04/18/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=300, +2=280, +4=207, +11=208

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

04/17 +11=177

AMPS=270
    He ate a couple of potasa-chews when I was in the shower. They were on the dresser because he didn't eat them last night after work - IDK if it was them or a bounce from the big drop between +2 & +4 that shot him up so high for AMPS.

Have a wonderful day!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo heads back down and surfs today.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope all evens out today.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Gizmo comes down for you!:bighug:
    What are potasa-chews?

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Happy Wednesday , Lizzie , to you and your beautiful boy :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. LizzieInTexas

Potassium supplements

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003165MGM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

He has low potassium and needs potassium some how. He won't eat food with the powder so these are what I give. He reluctantly will eat them and usually only if I hand feed them but he ate the ones this morning on his own. The sucrose is my main concern of why they may raise his BG but he needs potassium and I am not sure what else to do. I did get some liquid but he doesn't seem to be interested in that and I am hesitant to add to his food for fear of turning him off of his food again. :mad:

Ingredients:
    Potassium Gluconate, Cellulose, Whey, Sucrose, Liver Powder, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Choline Chloride, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, StearicAcid, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, and Iron Oxide.

7. Beenie (GA)

Yes I’ve stayed away from adding any meds/supplements to the civvies regular food for that very reason.
    Would Gizmo eat beechnut baby food? The turkey and chicken with nothing added? Maybe you could sneak the liquid in that as a treat. I have to constantly change the mediums I use to add Miralax to. Of course I found a terrible “paste” that I'm sure is loaded with carbs but ming is consistently loving it. First he loved the baby food then decided to turn his nose up to that. Then cream cheese was a hit. No more.
    Have you or know of making a meat broth perhaps to squirt meds in and maybe they woukd happily lap that up?
    Figures normally you have to hand feed Giz the potaso-chews but this time he decided to help himself :rolleyes:

8. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=300

History:
    AMPS=270, +.5=254

9. LizzieInTexas

He doesn't like baby food :rolleyes:. I tried the Tiki Cat Mousse - no go. :arghh::mad: He wouldn't even try it. Smelt it and walked away. I may mess with it this weekend with the powder mixed with the mousse.

Thanks for the suggestion though. It was worth the try.

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Possible bounce or just not enough juice? Hard to say

11. LizzieInTexas

Have you seen these? They would probably be ok for Ming, not so much for FD.

https://www.petchup.us/ingredients/

I actually saw these first in the grocery store.

ETA - Amazon review are bad on these ^^ :eek:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  12. LizzieInTexas

Look at last night cycle. He dropped from 218 (@+2) to 123 (@+4). Hubby got the +4 as I was already asleep or I would have had him grab at least a +5 (He is awake later than me). Then he ate the potassa-chews between +11 (177) and AMPS (270). That is two huge 100 pt swings in one cycle.

I may bump him up 1/8u tomorrow AM. IDK. I feel like we are starting from scratch. o_O

13. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Definitely a good idea, depending what his AMPS is of course

14. Beenie (GA)

Wow petchup looks worse than what I've been using.:bookworm:

What I've been using below has a not so FD friendly ingredient, tapioca starch, but otherwise not too too bad for Ming. Maybe an ok alternative for MC/HC gravy for those who need to get BG up?? My civvies love it but I've been giving the tuna flavor.

https://www.hartz.com/product/hartz-delectables-squeezeup-with-chicken/#description

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.