? 04/18 Fat Albert AMPS 299, +4 214, +6 239, +8 250

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marc & Jen, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Marc & Jen

Marc & Jen Member

Yesterday

First day in almost a week where his AMPS were below 300 (barely but I'll still take it)! I would've liked to see some blue last night or this morning so far - that said, his behavior has been good which is usually a good indication that he's feeling well.

I'm going to try and pick up insulin syringes this afternoon so we have the option to administer partial doses.

Also, any advice on how much food he should be eating? For FF, it seems like the recommendation is 1 can per 3-3.5 lbs which would be 4-5 cans for FA. Right now we are at about 3.5 cans and this almost seems like too much for him as he seems to be getting quite round and he surprisingly doesn't actually seem to be too hungry. Right now we are giving him 1 full can each in the morning and evening with his insulin, and then 1/2 a can throughout the day and then 1/2 a can at night right before we go to bed and we have another 1/2 a can in the automatic wet food feeder at 3 am. I'd also like to reduce the number of meal times but I think I am afraid of his hanger :eek:as he goes crazy when he's hungry so would love any advice regarding this!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With some cats, a flat yellow cycle means action in the cycle to follow. Stay tuned to see if Albert will do that tonight.

I never fed/feed Fanct Feast so cannot comment on number of cans. What you can do is figure out how many calories he needs per day and see how many calories are in a can. The catinfo website has formulae for how many calories, but it can vary based on activity level. Use you scale to see if he’s trending in the right weight direction.

I fed four meals in the AM and three in the PM, sometimes four, so am no help in how to cut down meals. My girl was very set in her ways regarding food!:p I did feed all but the preshot meals from the feeder, so her attention moved to the feeder from me.

Marc & Jen likes this.