04/18 Shmee AMPS 291, +3 179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo: www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/04-17-shmee-amps-211-2-195.194283/#post-2173273

Good morning,

I asked on the facebook page the other day how you guys decide if you are going to wake up in the middle of the night for a PM test. Sean and Chris said generally if there is more than a 15% (ECID) drop at +2, then they set an alarm for a PM test. Do you guys do the same? Last night I got a +3 and he had gone up, so I didn't set an alarm. I have a hard time sleeping as it is, and DH sleeps on the couch the nights I have to get up to get a BG, so I'm trying not to unless it's necessary. I am hoping he will have an active cycle today or tonight though, I want to see some greens again!

upload_2018-4-18_12-27-52.png

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Another piece of advice I often see is to drink a large glass of water before going to bed so you need to get up to use the bathroom then you can grab a test at the same time.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The before bed test is a good indicator. You had a big drop on the night of the 16th. I might have set an alarm for at least +4 that night. Thankfully Shmee seems to like to nadir in the first part of the cycle.

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

I test often thru the night so I can have records of it....I set my iPhone alarm and if I test late at night, if it’s a low result I set the alarm for a couple hours later...all depends on the test result

5. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Thanks yes I was so mad at myself that next day, I set an alarm for 2am but don't even remember turning it off!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am pretty sure that has happened to everyone here.:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.