? 04/19 Fat Albert AMPS 197, +1 242, +2 245, +5 268

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marc & Jen, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Marc & Jen

Marc & Jen Member

Yesterday

First day since we were at 5 units that his pre shot number is in the blue! I decided to give the whole dose as apart from one meeting this morning I will be home all day

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Marc & Jen

Marc & Jen Member

Any thoughts on why FA's preshot was 197 this morning but his BG has gone up since then? Is this a 'bounce'? Not sure if I'm using the terminology correctly.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like FA did a nice surf in the blues for most of last night. :cool: His body isn’t used to that yet. Plus he did a big almost 150 point drop from PMPS to +3.5 last night. Big drops can also set off a bounce. What is your feeding schedule for FA? Just wondering if some fresh carbs or a mini meal, before onset, ie, around +2, might slow down those fast drops.

4. Marc & Jen

Marc & Jen Member

Ah, so is a bounce almost like his body over correcting? Actually, he seemed so happy this morning, he was purring when I checked his AMPS and he NEVER purrs for almost anything except when he is eating or on the rare occasion he'll snuggle up with my husband who he likes more than me :p In any case, I'm guessing he was feeling pretty good last night.

As for the big drop last night, he gets a full can of FF (a big meal for him) at PMPS/evening dose. We then give him 1/2 a can between +3 & +4 (whenever I am going to bed) and then he gets another one in the early morning at +9 from the automatic food feeder. We can easily split that evening meal and use the automatic food feeder to help with that drop.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Right, a bounce is like a self protection system.