05/06 Ivana BG=68 Update on Shiraz the chicken

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tara & Ivana (GA), May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Last post

Ivana has had a great week with a fabulous BG number this evening to top it off! She has been on the Healthy Mouth (see last post) for a week and has adapted to the taste at half-strength with no effect on her BG, so tonight I increased it to three-quarter-strength which we'll give her for another week before we move up to the full-strength which is 1t/L.

This morning I found out about a recall on BFF food which means that HRH's choices are a bit more limited at the moment, and I have to return what we bought last week which is annoying. She still has quite a few flavours though so she'd better not complain in the meantime haha.

Shiraz, our sole surviving chicken from the fox attack last week, is doing really well - she is much stronger now and isn't terrified to go outside anymore, and her confidence is growing every day. She has been out with the ducks for a couple of days now and while she isn't enormously fond of this idea, she is enjoying being out in the sunshine and scratching in the grass and dust-bathing in the dirt. We bought her a pet carrier so she can sleep inside with us at night as it will be too cold for her to sleep outside by herself during winter - she just loves her new house! Hubby gave Raz some cuddles last night and she really wanted to meet Ivana, check out that stretchy neck :cat:

20170504_175512.jpg

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Ivana is doing well and Shiraz is recovering from the fox attack.
    Sweet pic!
    I noticed the recall of the BFF food. I wonder what is wrong with it.
    I have put an alert on Panda28 for you if you wouldn't mind checking it out, thx:)

Tara & Ivana (GA) likes this.
  3. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure... the letter only said canned food but they have recalled everything. Ivana only eats the pouches so I'm tempted to call them on Monday and ask if the pouches are still ok, but it's best not to take a risk I guess.
    Will do.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Ivana is still doing well and Shiraz is doing much better. That is such a cute picture.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It is so heart warming to see how attentive Ivana is with Shiraz. And a wonderful update on them both. :bighug::cat:

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry about the attack last week, but am happy to see that Shiraz is recovering. Wonderful Ivana report, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.