05/10/18 Squallie AMPS 86, +3/55, +5/57, +9/74, PMPS 118, +4/59

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squalliesmom, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Squallie is feeling full of himself today. I'm guessing the IMs are probably going to pay him a visit at some point today, lol. :cat: I will try to get some video, if they do!

I'm going to leave him on the Miralax for a couple of days, just to make sure we keep things moving.

2. allison and Bubbles

allison and Bubbles Member

yaaaaah! so glad to see a smiley face on your post...a minute ago i looked at your last thread when you were really worried...I dont know how much better Jester is or what "IM" means but glad you are feeling more hopeful!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Squallie is feeling good. I hope he takes care of those IMs when they show up. :D:D:D

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Allison! Welcome to FDMB! I was really worried about Squallie yesterday, but with great advice from some wonderful people all turned out well in the end!:)
    IM's are "Invisible Mice." Squallie occasionally chases mice that only he can see, lol, and watching him do it is highly entertaining!:cat:

5. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Carla! I'm sure he'll be ready for those little imps if they show up, lol!:cat::bighug:

6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

How are you feeling , Lucy ? Prayers that all is well with you:bighug: So great to hear good Squallie report :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Beth!:bighug:

I'm feeling okay, had to go back to the hospital yesterday for tests (unrelated to the ER visit), and I'm feeling wrung out today, but I'll catch a second wind, soon!:)

Hope all is well with you and Elmo. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Beth 73

Good to hear, Lucy :) Amidst the kitty chaos just keep taking good care of yourself :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Is that a new avatar??? Love it. I do hope you get some video of the ims. I know a paranormal investigator if you need one.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  10. Beth 73

IMs are real :cat: It’s just that Squallie is the only one gifted to actually see them :)

Squalliesmom and carfurby (GA) like this.
  11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I gave Max Miralax daily and it seemed to help. I’d keep it up for more than a couple days unless he tells you otherwise. It’s harmless JMHO from my experience. I’m glad he’s back to normal. :)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  12. Beth 73

Lucy , how much and often do you give D-Mannose to Squallie ? Got mine today to have on hand just in case ;)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  13. Squalliesmom

Yes, new avatar, that's my boy. :) I might have to take you up on the investigator, lol! :joyful::bighug:

14. Squalliesmom

I give it daily to one of my civvies, too, he just has a slow system and it helps it keep moving at a better pace. I figured I'd keep Squallie on it for a few more days, I don't want things to stop moving again. I did stop the coconut oil, though. :):bighug:

15. Squalliesmom

Squallie gets a scant 1/8 tsp twice a day, mixed in with his food. My understanding is that you can give a slightly larger dose if you see obvious symptoms, but I am not sure what the dosage is. You can probably find out from Tanya's site, or someone else here may know. :):bighug: Give Squallie's "twin" some gentle scritches from me!:cat::cat:

Beth 73 likes this.
  16. Beth 73

Thanks , Lucy , for info :) And Extra scritches for Elmo’s east coast brother :bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Maybe they are ghost mice!

Glad he's doing better and hope you feel better soon!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  18. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad to hear Squallie is feeling good:cat:

Hope you get some rest Lucy...you've had a few rough days. Its all or nothing isn't it:rolleyes:

Squalliesmom and Beth 73 like this.
  19. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Yes please. Video of tiger man Squallie chasing the IMs Yes Please :)

Squalliesmom, Beth 73 and Beenie (GA) like this.
  20. Squalliesmom

Well, he just jumped up and ran to the LB, where he proceeded to vomit up bile. No "deposit" of either the liquid or solid variety from the other end. Any body have any ideas? He did not get lunch today, everybody was sleepy and uninterested.

ETA: He is alert and seems perfectly happy, talking and begging for pets, purring.

21. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Odd that he would run into the LB to vomit. Does he normally respect your floors like that? I have almost all laminate and my Ming will run to the area rug to pukus:rolleyes:

Did Squallie eat dinner yet? If not I would say the bile is because of an empty belly if he didn't lunch. Glad he's otherwise himself

Squalliesmom likes this.
  22. Squalliesmom

Lol, no, no respecter of floors is he! :rolleyes: Or any of them, for that matter!

But that's why it worries me, thinking maybe he's constipated again/still. Since it was all bile, I'm hoping it's just because he didn't have lunch, but the LB thing still concerns me.:nailbiting:

23. Beth 73

Sending settled GI tract prayers sweet Squallie’s way . :bighug: That’s kinda what ABs do to mine ...upset GI :oops: But odd he jumped in LB . Sometimes if Elmo gets in and strains he will spit up bile .

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Squalliesmom likes this.
  24. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to see Squallie is feeline lively! Vines for his dear tummy. I used to have a kitty who had a lot of digestive issues later in life and who would gack in the litterbox, but when her tummy bothered her toward the other end of the GI tract she made her messes on the carpet.

Squallie, take good care of your momma just like she does of you. She's been going through some hard stuff lately. Good kitty.:cat::bighug:

:joyful: (Didn't Victorian ladies used to embroider that motto on throw pillows?)

25. Squalliesmom

Well, I gave him more coconut oil tonight, along with Miralax, but he didn't eat all his dinner (I did not give him his appy stimulant - figured if he is constipated that might not be a good combination). Still hasn't pooped today, as far as I know, but I did notice some bits stuck to his buttfur and what might be a patch on his tail. So I'm completely in the dark! I have no ide whether he is constipated or not! Probably calling the vet tomorrow.

26. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Hi, my cat is also suffering from UTI, and i am considering giving her d mannose. are you still giving the d mannose and how are you finding it? i think you mentioned the NOW brand, which thankfully is available in the UK. thanks!

27. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Lucy is taking some time away from the board for a little while. She may not get back to you right away.

Beth 73 likes this.
  28. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Thanks for letting me know.

29. Squalliesmom

Hi. Yes, I still give the d-mannose. He gets a scant 1/8 tsp mixed in with food twice a day as a preventative. It has worked wonders for my Squallie. He will stay on it for life. I do use the NOW brand, I like it because it is pure d-mannose, with nothing else added in.

30. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Much love.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  31. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Thanks! I have ordered and hopefully will work for Yuki too.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  32. Squalliesmom

:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

33. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Hi sorry I forgot to ask about squallie's weight, just to see if I need to adjust the dose of d mannose. Thanks! Arathi

Squalliesmom likes this.
  34. Squalliesmom

Squallie weighs just under 14 lbs. He was closer to 13 lbs when he started the d-mannose, but I haven't adjusted his dose. It's a very safe substance, it doesn't really get digested, just flushed out of the system.

Here are a couple of links with more information:
    https://www.vetinfo.com/d-mannose-for-cats.html
    https://www.vetinfo.com/d-mannose-for-cats.html
    http://www.felineckd.com/pyelonephritis_utis.htm#dmannose

Always check with your vet before starting any new treatment plan(s). :):)

Arathi & Yuki likes this.
  35. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Thanks! I will have a look at the links. I will discuss with my vet tomorrow, and see what she says.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  36. Arathi & Yuki

Arathi & Yuki Member

Hi just wanted to update you: my vet is doing a urine culture to make sure yuki is clear of the infection. She said that if the uti becomes recurrent then to start the d mannose. I shared the links that you sent me with her. I am also curious as to the strain of the bacteria.

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.