05/14 Boomer AMPS 319 +3 290 +5 277 PMPS 329 +3 319, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, May 14, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 319 shooting 2.25u
    Really hoping to see some numbers in blue today.

Boomer ate all of his overnight food and once again woke me in the middle of the night by giving me kisses:cat::rolleyes:

Today's photo is of a Black & White Warbler; these little guys are easy to find...they like climbing tree trunks/branches similar to nuthatches.

Attached Files:

2. Judy and Boomer

+3 290
    He sure is being stubborn.

3. Judy and Boomer

4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Could Boomer be having a reaction from the Cartrophen? His Bg started going up soon after he got the Cartrophen. I tried to find info about it & I did find this, " Cartrophen Vet (100mg/mL pentosan polysulfate sodium) is a prescription only, injectable, sulphated sugar of plant origin. "

I couldn't find anything about if sulphated sugar can raise BG. I'm sure others on this forum can find the info.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer heads down for you soon. Nice on the kisses. Great picture.

6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Kitty kisses are the best! Another beautiful picture Judy! :)

7. Judy and Boomer

It all started when he dropped low and earned a reduction. Since then he's been up and down in dose because we've been going away and need to keep him safe of course. Hopefully he will come down tonight or tomorrow.
    ETA: I took another look and it's all happened at the same time unfortunately....the lows the day before we started the cartrophen and then messing with his dose because of going away twice. I will take a look at the cartrophen. Thanks @JoyBee&Ravan :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a pretty flat day...shenanigans in the works?

9. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 329 shooting 2.25u
    With respect to the Cartrophen and JoyBee's note above that it contains "sulphated sugar of plant origin".....
    He's not due for another shot of Cartrophen until Saturday so he has tonight's cycle plus 5 more cycles before his next shot.
    He's now on cycle 5 of the 2.25u and should start coming down hopefully tonight but definitely tomorrow. If he doesn't come down then obviously we will need to stop the cartrophen and see if that helps.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When was that? I see you reduced after that 41 on April 25th, but that did not earn a reduction.

Two words for you “glucose toxicity”. Cartrophen never impacted Neko’s numbers, or other kitties here who have been on it that I noticed.

This dose gets one more cycle then increase.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  11. Judy and Boomer

You're right, technically he did not actually earn the reduction. And yes, I should (and will) increase the dosage if he doesn't show some sign of coming down.

12. Judy and Boomer