05/20 Boomer AMPS 90 +3 79 +6 68 PMPS 79 +3 88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 90 shooting 1.75u

Boomer ate most of his overnight fuds but left the +6 like usual. But he had a +5 meal (higher carb ff) so that I could go to bed.

Allen didn't eat anything last night. I had trouble getting him to eat yesterday. For breffis I've given him a new food that he loved yesterday and he ate a bit of it. I sprinkled parmesan on it. He ate a bit more. I gave him some turkey pate and he ate a bit of that. I can't decide whether he is nauseous, fussy, or just doesn't have any appy. I do have both cerenia and mirtazapine on hand if I need it.

Update on birds: The sparrows definitely prefer the old mixed seed to the safflower so they're back in great numbers. Our doves have also come back, the catbirds are still here as well as our cardinals and we have a visit from a Grackle and a Cowbird occasionally. The robins come to use our birdbath. But if I can't switch (almost) entirely to safflower than I have no way of keeping the squirrels at bay.

Two years ago we had a couple of Mallards drop by for a visit each day for about 2 weeks. Then they disappeared. Last year we saw them only once. This year they've visited 3 times and yesterday I found them floating in our wee pond. Their names are Duke and Daisy. :)

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing for Boomer last night. I hope he keeps surfing safely today. I hope Allen starts eating for you. Cool on the Mallards.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

4. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Paula! I have two, one of them is supposed to be squirrel-proof but I believe when I first bought it a year or two ago the birds didn't like it either so we replaced it quickly. But it's up now and the birds are using it and, so far, the squirrels haven't attempted it (to my knowledge).

5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Boomer is looking good! Sorry to hear Allen didn't eat well :(

I saw the most beautiful bird yesterday..it was a male indigo bunting, what a striking blue!! I have quite a variety of birds in my backyard. I have one seed feeder, one suet, and one hummingbird. I went through about 4 or 5 seed feeders until I finally decided to take the plunge and get the Cadillac of bird feeders:smuggrin: https://bromebirdcare.com/squirrelbuster-plus/
    It is the best move I made. Squirrels absolutely can not get seed from it. I even had a problem with deer one year with one of my old feeders. It was just at the right height the deer would "tip" the bottom of the feeder and the seed would just pour into their mouths like crumbs at the bottom of a potato chip bag:rolleyes:

Also the customer service a Brome is amazing. I've had parts replaced over the years with no questions asked, it has a lifetime warranty. Its worth the investment you'll never need another feeder;)

6. Judy and Boomer

I have never seen an Indigo Bunting. I do think there are some around during migration; I've just never been lucky enough to spot one.

7. Judy and Boomer

8. Judy and Boomer

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lookin’ good Boomer :) Love your wildlife stories, Judy :):cat: We are watching a battle royal between a wren and black cap chickadee for nesting boxes. We have purchased multiple houses and placed them in various spots but these greedy wrens stuff them all full . Thinking the chickadee has finally claimed the one on our front porch . We shall see:)

10. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 79 shooting 1.75u

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

This looks like what I need (although I don't mind the squirrels getting some seeds, too). Thanks so much for this link!

Hi Judy, Boomer has great numbers today. I hope Allen's appetite will perk up by tomorrow. You sure have lots of different birds in your yard.

12. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

hope Allen’s appy improves...glad Boomer doing well.
    We see quite a few buffleheads along with mallards around here. They’re beautiful.
    Have a good night with all feeling well.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.