05/21 Shmee AMPS 288, +7 68, PMPS 142, dosing question in comments

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Good morning,
    Not much to report other than Shmee getting an increase to 5U today.

I hope everyone's Mondays go by fast :)

2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Sorry you are having to go up. Hope he comes back down again soon.

Hoping my Monday goes by slow. Local holiday in Ontario.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Amanda & Shmee

+4 92
    +5 94

:D

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hello Mr. Greenie. :D

Slow day here too. It's a celebration of the Queen's birthday in Canada (called Victoria Day), except Quebec.

5. Amanda & Shmee

Question:
    I am trying to prepare myself for when Shmee has a low preshot (could be tonight seeing those greens). After re-reading the "how to handle low numbers" sticky, I wish I have gotten more +1's so I could better predict how he will react when I start shooting him low. (Disclosure - I am only looking at the post-dental data.) His onset seems to be +2, but it could also be +1 because I do see a few +1's that are lower that the PMPS. I have only shot him 4 times in the blue post dental, 2 he went lower and 2 he went higher... so its hard to tell what number I should give myself that would be unsafe to shoot him at.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

How long before shot?

7. Wendy&Neko

Looks like he is on his way up, making the question moot. Shooting green often means. Nice flat cycle. Think of green preshots as an opportunity.

His onset should not have changed with the dental.

8. Amanda & Shmee

Sorry @LizzieInTexas I was just trying to prepare myself. At the time I posted I was about an hour away.

He just got 142, so I gave him the full shot.

So @Wendy&Neko I was just trying to prepare myself for a case where I would not shoot or shoot less. But you are saying most of the time I should be able to shoot his regular dose? Is there a time I should hesitate?

9. Amanda & Shmee

+2 254
    Didnt expect that at all! Bounce has begun already I guess!

Thank you for the advice Wendy, I feel better about shooting lower, it just makes me nervous since I am so new to it.

10. Wendy&Neko

Experienced people shoot full dose, anything over 50. Neko was kind and worked me down slowly. Anytime you are nervous shooting a lower number than you are used to, you can always stall a bit to see if he's coming up. Shooting low does lead to flatter, more predictable cycles. and when shooting low, get a +1 and 2 to gather data. Knowing how much of a food bump he gets from dinner helps.

11. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

As you gather data, you gradually reduce the PS you're willing to shoot and only shoot lower Pre-shots when you're able to test as long as necessary and know you have plenty of supplies.

As you become more familiar with Shmee's patterns, you shoot lower and lower Pre-shots (again, always be able to test and have all needed supplies)

Eventually, you may get to where China and I am at....I'll shoot anything over 50 (and after 5 years of experience, I've gotten to the point where if I need to leave, I can without worrying....too much)

12. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Looking good with the increase, keep working, Shmee! It does get easier to shoot lower numbers. The scariest part is not knowing what will happen, but once you do it once or twice, you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.