? 05/31 Jelly Belly PMPS 162 +1 187 ADVISE for evening

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RochellenJelly, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

We are hanging out over here at a cool 115.... do we need a +6 and anymore food or whats plan now and for am? please advise

2. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

+5 BG 115 :)

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

That's a really good cycle.

I never quit testing until Gracie had started up or at least was totally flat for several hours.

You could probably give him any remaining LC food and one temptation and then go to bed until +7. Are you able to get up and test then?

If he's up above 100 @ +7, you could test at + 10. If he's the same or lower, you could give a temptation and test him accordingly ( sooner).

Does that sound ok?

4. RochellenJelly

RochellenJelly Member

Ok so
    1. Gave last LC food and a temptation. ✅ done
    2. Test at +7 ( 2:30 am my time ) and if above 100 then test again at +10 @5:30 am. If same (100) or lower give temptation. NOT Done
    3. Would like to shot at 8 am so +11 would be 7:30 if 11 (200) or lower I DO NOT feed and post ? Or what would I do if at 11 or higher so I feed and shoot .75@ 8 am ?

5. Marje and Gracie

Good plan. Remember that if you test and he's back down into the 70s, you can post and see if anyone is around. If they aren't, the temptations seem to work but you don't need high carb late in the cycle (after +10) if he's in the 70s.

If you test at +10, you won't need to test at +11 unless he's down below 70. If you test at +10 and he's stable, then just test 15 mins or so before AMPS so at about 7:45. Stick with what you know....if he's below 150, don't feed and ask for help.

Bottom line....your meter and food/gravy are your friends. If he is low and you can't get help, give him gravy and temptations or a bit of syrup. Stay on the testing every 30 minutes if he's low and you are working to get him back up. I don't anticipate this but just want to be sure you have a plan.

Sound good?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  6. Marje and Gracie

I hope you can grab some sleep in between tests. I'm being a little cautious right now to try and see patterns before you go back to school because you will need to sleep then.

I also think it won't be long until he's ready for less insulin.

You've done an amazing job today so pat yourself on the back.
    Yes...good summary. For #3, if he's higher than 150 (11), then feed and shoot 0.75u and then sure to get a +2 test. I'll be along shortly after.

Good night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.