06/16 Shmee AMPS 258, +5 128, dosecrease

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Good morning,
    I hope everyone is having a nice Saturday so far. Thank you all again so much for the advice these last few days, it has been a lot to figure out plus I am dealing with a lot already. I increased Shmee to 6.5 today, which makes me nervous because I thought I was supposed to wait for the bounce to break but with the advice yesterday I am realizing that at this point his numbers are still just too high and an increase today was a good idea. I have not seen my grandma in a few weeks so I really wanted to go out to lunch with her, so my mom and aunt will be coming soon. This is the worst timing (I just got his +4)….. but DH should be home not too much longer after I leave and take care of him for me. I have still not heard back from my vet.. she is probably deciding on whether or not she wants to keep Shmee as a patient.. we shall see.

Many vines to all that need them, you are all such great cat parents :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I was just reading yesterday's condo and just wanted to offer these :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I hope you have a good lunch with your Grandma!

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

4th time getting 128 today, must be his lucky number!

PS - he has been SO hungry lately. He is down to 2.5 cans a day, vet wants him to go down to 2... I don't think we are ready for that yet since his numbers are still unregulated.
    I forgot to mention to @Chris & China the other day that I do have his food schedule marked down on the SS - it is on the top of the comments section. I didn't know where else to put it, is there a designated spot most people put theirs?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You don't need to wait for the bounce to be over to increase. However, if they give you a nice green, then bounce, you might want to see if they get back to green after the bounce. Of course, if all you are seeing is the odd spot of green, more juice is needed. You also want to try avoiding doing the increase on a bounce breaking cycle, as that could see more downward action.

How many pounds is Shmee? What is his ideal weight? 2 cans of FF doesn't seem like many calories. I would use your scale to help you decide what to feed.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If you feed something "special", it's good to note it in the "remarks" section.....that way if you need to feed some MC or HC again, you can go back and see what kind of response you got from it the last time

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Just catching up with all that's been going on, been away for a bit.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.