06/21 Boomer AMPS 175 +2 151 +3 56 +6 67 +8 115 PMPS 173 +3 203, photo, Has anyone used Feliway?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 175 shooting 3.5u

Boomer left a lot of his overnight food and didn't even call me for help.

I went out right after t/f/s, left instructions with DH to test at +2 and +3. +2 was 151. I got home just as Boomer was eating his +3, asked DH if he had tested and he said "no, I didn't think I needed to he was 8.4 (151) at +2". I said "but he dropped a bit and will likely drop more by +3." Grabbed Boomer and tested....+3 56.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I think DH learned a valuable lesson today and I'm happy I came home when I did. Gave Boomer a spoonful of higher carb ff to encourage surfing.

So when we went to Aylmer two days ago my main "goal" birds were the Bobolink (posted yesterday) and the Eastern Meadowlark. The Meadowlark wouldn't come close so unfortunately my shots aren't the best I've ever taken :( but it is what it is for now. Photo attached.

Funny.....this morning I went to a hospital grounds very close to home where there were signs posted that basically said they were leaving the grass long in case meadowlarks wanted to nest. I had checked there several times and never seen anything. This morning I heard a Meadowlark and I actually got a shot of one in a tree! Now I'm going to see them all over the place!!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Sonia & Leo, Tomlin, AmandaE and 3 others like this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

3. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

WOW! Boomer might be wanting a reduction soon?? :p

[​IMG]

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

+5 70 appears to be surfing nicely

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice surfing

6. Judy and Boomer

+6 67 +8 115
    Boomer is very skittish today; he keeps running like something has scared him. Idk.

7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice surfing Boomer!! is there weather coming? is there a full moon soon? I wonder why hes so on edge?

Love the pic, isn't that funny that you had JUST saw your first meadowlark, isn't that always how it happens?

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Boomer came back up for you. I hope he settles down. Great picture.

9. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 173 shooting 3.5u
    Boomer is really nervous again. Been hiding under the bed although when I brought him out and put him beside DH he laid there and had his belly rubbed for about half an hour. I don't know what has frightened him. Thinking about getting a Feliway diffuser....has anyone used them?

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice photo. Didn't know they had yellow. Boomer what has you so skittish.....

11. Judy and Boomer

12. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

We used Feliway s number of years ago when we felt we were having night time separation anxiety issues with our GA civvie, Frankie (long story, but with lots of kitties in the house at the time we kept the bedroom door closed at night). Honestly, it really didn’t seem to help with our situation. Hopefully others will weigh in with their experiences. I hope Boomer realizes he doesn’t need to be nervous because he has you and DH!

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I used Feliway at home with civvie Theo (GA). He was a semi feral and prone to idiopathic cystitis so I used it to calm him down, especially when he first arrived here. Many shelters use Feliway in their cat rooms. And I know Neko’s dental vet did in the back rooms where kitties stayed. I also use it as a spray in carriers.

14. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I have used the spray and put in on a cloth and rubbed it in areas that I knew Forrest . It did seem to help him.

The diffusers can be problematic to humans with asthma, just so you know. I have mild asthma and when I took Bubba into the vet office a few weeks ago, there was one in the room that went off right near where I was sitting. I started to choke and cough and had to leave the room.

Also, at my vet office, they are spraying it on a towel and draping the towel over the cat carrier right after you check in. It did seem to make Bubba quieter.

ETA : Has he had a thyroid screening lately? When they become hyper T, they can act skittish and nervous.

15. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’ve never used the diffuser, but have used the spray for in the carrier. It made a huge difference with Gizmo, but didn’t seem to make a difference at all with our civvie. I think it is one of those ECID, but worth a shot in my opinion.

16. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Ditto.

If I remember correctly you sprayed/misted the carrier then wait a few min before you put them in it.

ETA-I hope Boomer is over his fright and calmer this morning. Poor thing :bighug:

17. Judy and Boomer

Hi Bobbie, yes he had a T4 in April, the result was 31.1 and the normal range is 10-60

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.