06/21 Ti-Mousse AMPS=198 +5.5=178 +8=151 PMPS+288 ------- with PéPé's picture

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Jun 21, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo 06/20
    Ti-Mousse hardly made it to BLUE this morning! Hope he gets back to his GREENS!

Pépé won't be happy, an hour drive to get to the eye doctor, :woot: he hates going in the car and I hate putting him in the carrier! I'm all scratched and bleeding when he's finally in! :)

Have a beautiful Friday with your kitties!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good luck Pepe!!!!!!!

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers that all goes well

4. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I hope Pepe visit is a positive one. Sorry about the car ride, my other Siamese used to cry and meow all the way and all the way back. And it was a far ride too.
    Hope Ti-Mousse slides on back down for you.:bighug:

5. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Pepe poor baby vet visit. Hope things go well.

I have a recording somewhere of me having to transport my 4 cats at the time.... All in a meowy car ride panic!!!

6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Cats really do hate carriers don’t they? Mowgli really hates car rides too. He gets so stressed his paws sweat and he pants like a dog. It’s a sin.

When I put Mowgli in his carrier I find the easiest way is to put the carrier vertical with the door facing the ceiling then place Mowg in, and quickly close the door! Then I gently lay it flat. He still doesn’t like it but my arms get less back paw / claw action.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed that Pépé doesn’t need to have his eye removed: vetty vines to the max!

Slide down for mom today Ti-Mousse... only one cat to worry about at a time :)

7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Many years ago I bought a carrier that opens on the top also. So easy to put them in![​IMG]
    Don't you trim kitties nails? I cut all 3 of my cats nails every few weeks All 4 paws! Been doing it since they were kittens, so they don't mind.

All my cats just hate riding in the car. I've been using Feliway.I spray a bit on a towel & let it dry Then put it in the carrier. It definitely helps to calm them down!
    Last time Ravan went to the vet He only meowed for a few mins then was very quiet the rest of the way.

Sending healing energy & good thoughts for Pepe's vet visit!
    upload_2019-6-21_10-49-4.jpeg

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I back my cats into the carrier. Push on the chest a bit and make them back up. Works like a charm.

I use the feliway as well on a towel inside to help them out. I usually get a few meows when first starting out but then nothing. It is funny how they want back into the carrier and quiet on the way home!

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Back home with Pépé and so happy;:joyful: progression is very small, so his eye is considered stable! I just have to keep monitoring with pictures every two months and follow-up visit in December! What a relief!:joyful:
    We found Pépé when he was maybe 2 months old, he was staying near our front door waiting for food! He was abandoned and for sure had been severely beaten:mad: :mad:; he was panicking as soon as our hands were getting close to him! He's still like that after 14 years... sometimes you can pet him and he purrs, but other times he grabs your hand with all claws out :eek: He will come to you but don't try to take him.. so getting him in the carrier is something!!

Ti-Mousse is in blues today; he might do better tomorrow, at least no Yellows!:)

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news on Pepe! I hope Ti-Mousse gives you some green soon.

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I saw Olive visited the sharkies yesterday, a good thing you were there!
    Very happy, Pepe is OK!

12. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

So glad to hear the report on feisty Pépés health! Glad everything went well and that you survived the carrier :p

13. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I must have missed this, what is happening with Pépé? Hope Ti-Mousse gets a bit of safe swimming time in the lagoon tonight, happy weekend, Lyane :)

14. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay Pépé!!!!

My black cat has had some social issues like that and I always suspected her previous human did not care for her properly. It took me years to get her comfortable with affection. Even when she wanted it she would panic really quickly and hiss and swat. But it’s been 7+ years and she knows I am mom now. I’m glad Pépé found you!!!! :)

15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Hope little Alice is still recovering well! She had nice blues this afternoon, we'll see how she does on her new dose!:)

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Pépé has melanome in one eye so today was his semi-annual follow-up visit with the ophtalmo! No eye removal for now, I have to keep on monitoring him every second month!
    For Ti-Mousse, I don't know what's going on with him since yesterday... hope he'll get back on track tomorrow! :D
    Thanks and have a beautiful weekend Christie! :bighug:

17. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

So happy for you that Pepe's eye is stable; what a relief it must be for you! Now you can enjoy your evening with your little fur babies without wondering....what if! Have a wonderful night!

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  18. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks Carla :bighug: Hope Ti-Mousse will do better tomorrow, I don't know what's going on with him. Just hoping it's not his teeth again, I noticed food in the water bowl! :( I'll get some toothpaste and start brushing his teeth, it might help!

19. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

What you say is exactly how I feel ..! Thanks Debra, I'll sleep well tonight!

20. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks Amanda, so glad the day is over!

21. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

So funny they know they're going back home; I use feliway also, it helps! Next time, I'll try to back him into the carrier, might be easier that way ! :)

22. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Yes I cut my kitties nails but not Pépé, otherwise I wouldn't be here....:eek: Zoe's brother had two extra toes so had to trim his nails all the time! For Pépé's first visit to the ophtalmo, I had nail caps put on; I put them on myself for my other kitties but Pépé is really different and unpredictable so I had the tech to do it! I have this exact carrier except the top won't open, I only have traps for air which don't work! I'll see if I can find one like yours! I also use Feliway, it helps a lot.

23. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great news on Pepe! And a good day for Ti-Mousse to be safe.

In addition to Feliway, I give a little Rescue Remedy before the vet visits. Saved our life on the three day drive to Fort Collins with Neko.

24. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

HPIM2648.JPG

Introducing Pépé, 14 yo, he still acts and plays like a kitten!

25. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Feliway is OK but it needs a little help to get him quiet. I'll get some RescueRemedy for sure! What a long drive ...

If you like Toxedo cats, I just attached a picture of PéPé!

Bellasmom likes this.
  26. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Pepe is too cute, I'm so glad his eye is stable! With love, nikki

27. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Long time you didn't post! Willow's got nice numbers but hope she's doing OK ... !

28. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi @Ti-Mousse , thanks for asking! I've not been posting much because ran out of data on phone lol and don't have wifi at home, but I'm keeping an eye on you all:)

Willow is doing so well, thanks (antijinx)! We've got her off many meds, she's just on gabapentin and ondansetron now and soon will try weaning her off the ondansetron! Still peeing over litter box sometimes, but moving around so much more, and more comfortably, and she's much happier lately:) and eating pretty well too. Getting harder to poke as she feels better, naughtiness lol.
    Thanks again, with love, Nikki
    PS was I supposed to email you about something travel related? I'm thinking iwas and forgot?!

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  29. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

So happy that Willow is doing good and feeling better! What a pleasure! :joyful:
    Don't worry about the travel, you gave me some very good tips and I kept reading on the subject. If we can go (..95yo uncle I'm taking care of...) and if I have some questions, I might ask you for advice! :bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  30. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan's BG is creeping up again? Something going around with our kitties :arghh: I'm hoping it's not his kidneys

Pepe is so cute. Post a photo of him right side up.I want to see his cute face! How did you discover he has melanoma in his eye?

31. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

He had one dark spot since a while and it started to change form .... so I went to see the ophtalmo!
    Me, I'm hoping it's not his dental again....
    Let's see if tomorrow brings us better numbers!

32. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Adore tuxies! :kiss:

33. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Pepe is a cutie! Glad he got a good eye report.

Scooter and Toby try to see who can get in the carrier first when I bring it in the house. For my semi-feral kitties I use a larger carrier and stand it on its end, so it’s open on top. I put it by their food bowls and when they come to eat, I grab them by the scruff, lower them in, shut the door, then carefully turn it back on it’s bottom.

34. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan has a lot of dark spots in both eyes for a few years now! My vet said it's just from old age. I hope he knows what he's talking about!

35. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

You don't have to worry, your vet examined Ravan and said it was OK! When we get older we have age spots; it's the same for many older cats, they have dark spots! I don't mean Ravan is OLD, but he's not young young....:p Also most of the time, melanome will affect one eye only!

So enjoy your Saturday with your little old guy!:)