06/27 Mishka AMPS 389 +2 371 +4 284 +6 376 +8 410

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Frogster, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Frogster

Frogster Member

It is our third day on 1U Levemir after a couple of pretty erratic (my fault) weeks of Lantus.
    She is bouncing, isn't she? Should I increase the dose to 1.25 tomorrow or is it better to wait a couple more circles? (I fully realise that there are no vets here, don't worry).
    I feel like I should increase, I even thought of 1.5 before +4 today, but probably you'll advise otherwise? I wanted to try SLGS, but her reddish purple chart and sickly demeanor are getting on my nerves.

2. Frogster

Frogster Member

Or is it advisable to wait until the high peaks move from the centre of the circle to periphery (if ever)?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Was that dark line in the SS when you started Levemir? If so, could you create a blank line in the SS and write "Start Levemir" or something like that on the line - makes it easier to see.

Is there a reason you want to do SLGS for dosing? As long as you are feeding just a low carb wet or raw food, and with the testing you do, you could follow TR and increase sooner. If you want to stick to SLGS, hold the dose for 7 days. If you want to try TR, increase to 1.25 units. In either case, could you put SLGS or TR in your signature so we can see at a glance which dosing method you want to follow - it helps us help you faster.

I wouldn't say Mishka is bouncing, just not at a good dose yet.

4. Frogster

Frogster Member

Thank you!
    I fixed the SS. At night she went from PMPS 385 to +9 434. But at AMPS she was 295. I made an increase, but I'm a walking confusion and can be dangerous to others (especially my little furry one).
    I wanted to try SLGS, because I don't think she'll ever be able to go into remission, she is 13, has other health issues and had been on steroids for far too long. I didn't want to push too hard.
    Our new thread - http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-confused-but-increased-then-panicked.231569/