06/30 Boomer AMPS 149 +3 142 +6 142 PMPS 155 +3 112, wildlife photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 149 shooting .5u
    Yes I decided to give it another day. To me his PM +3 numbers look like his mini bounces normally do. Two days ago he did have a dramatic drop from AMPS to +3 so perhaps (hopefully) this is a bounce.

Boomer ate all his overnight fuds.

Allen also ate extremely well last night and had 2 poops and no diarrhea. YAY. This combo of meds we have seem to be helping! And he's been a bit more social these last couple of days and actually spent some time on my lap the last two evenings.

I feel like all I do is give cats meds but they're getting what they need to feel better so it is what it is.

Yesterday we finally got a chance to visit the provincial park which is about 30 minutes away. The wooded area was pretty useless; I saw a Downy Woodpecker but other birds hid/flew too quickly and I wasn't able to identify them. We believe we heard a Pileated but could not find it. But we left the wooded area and went across the road to a little museum that is actually part of the park. After wandering around there for quite a few minutes and not seeing much of anything I had pretty much given up when something caught my eye and there was the Red-Headed Woodpecker that I had been hoping to see perched on a telephone pole! YAY! Success! He allowed me about 20 shots before flying. Picture attached.

Attached Files:

2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I feel your pain Judy. I too fell like that's all I do around here. Ever since's Beenie's FD, testing and insulin, administering meds has trickled down to my other two civvies. Inhaler for ashtma for Ming and Buddy gets eye drops twice a day and currently ear drops for a week. Oh and lets not forget Miralax for both:facepalm:

But like ya said it is what it is. If it makes my furbabies better I'm all in :bighug:

Have a great weekend!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer slides down to the lagoon today. I'm glad Allen is doing well. We have to do what we need to do for our furbabies.

Great picture. Beautiful bird.

4. Judy and Boomer

+3 142
    sigh
    Idk whether this is a bounce from the drop 2 days ago or whether he just needs to go back up to .75u
    But....DH's 95 year old Mom was just taken to the hospital for the 2nd time in 2 days...yesterday was because of heart palpitations but they cleared her yesterday, said it wasn't a heart attack, and sent her home. DSIL just called, had checked on Mom and she was conscious but not responding to being spoken to and is now being taken back to hospital. DH will be heading out the door shortly; his Mom is about 90 minutes away.

So I will be leaving Boomer's dose as is because I don't know what the next few days might bring and whether I will need to be away from home for a few hours at a time.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  5. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I am so sorry to hear about DH's mom. Sending vines. Yep, probably a good idea to hold the dose when you aren't sure where you will need to be.

The picture is beautiful.

6. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about DH's mom, sending vines and prayers. Good idea to just leave Booms where he is for now. Glad the new med combo is working well for Allen.

7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Judy, sending prayer for DH momma :bighug:❤️ Just went thru this with my 95 year old Mom...had small stroke and now has a cardiologist . Please keep us updated :bighug:

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for DH's Mom. I know how you feel on the meds...seems like it just a clock ticking down to the next dose and round of check of the LB and food dishes.

That said it is great to hear the Allen feels well.

9. Judy and Boomer

DSIL just called wandering if DH was on his way....had tried to call him but he didn't answer. Dr said DMIL has had a stroke and cannot speak and "they have had to make a few decisions" but are waiting for Greg to get there.

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Many prayers for your DMIL. I hope she is comfortable and knows that her family is with her.

The boys look good. Great shot of the Red Headed woodpecker.

Keep cool!!!

11. Judy and Boomer

I like hot weather but it is truly disgusting out :p

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  12. Judy and Boomer

13. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Prayers for your MIL and family :bighug:

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for your DMIL and family.

15. Judy and Boomer

Last update about an hour ago. DMIL had a massive stroke this morning. She was given clot-busting drugs in the ER. She is conscious and trying to speak but cannot. The Dr has not spoken to the family yet so they don't have a prognosis.

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  16. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding more prayers for DMIL and the entire family.

Those clot-busters can do miracles so we'll pray for that :bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Judy, glad I caught this. I had an aneurysm in the Circle of Willis when I was 50, a big bleed and quite a few minor ones. My "brain surgery" was nothing like what I envisioned. It was done with a scope through an artery in my leg, coil and stent, and I was walking around that night. I had to relearn how to type and got a lot more emotional about everything but that was it. The stent slipped once. This was all done at Hamilton General on Barton street by Doctor Paula Klurfan. She teaches now at McMaster and has the bedside manner of an Angel. She also caught two things seven other neurologists missed.
    A stroke does not have to be the end. Give your DMIL's hand a squeeze from me. Hugs for you.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  18. Judy and Boomer

Thank you for sharing with me. I know that they can perform miracles. I only hope it was discovered quickly as I know that the quicker the drugs are given the better the outcome.

DH just sent me a message that he's on his way home (London) from Chatham. When I asked how his Mom is, he said "I will tell you when I get home but she does seem much better".

And I didn't realize you were from my part of the world!

19. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Just down the 401 in Milton. I was misdiagnosed with a sinus infection, made me steaming mad. A brain bleed is incredibly painful and going to emerg saying your head hurts 10 out of 10 gets you nowhere. The system is so broken.
    When I came home my empathy levels shot through the roof, a lot of crying. It was Cynthia that pulled me through. I thought it was CTE because of all my concussions.

20. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Sending good energy your way to you, your husband and his mom. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  21. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 155 shooting .5u
    DMIL is doing better. It appears DSIL caught the problem within 2 hours of it happening so that's very good. DMIL can move arms and legs but still can't really speak although she's trying. The Dr asked her how old she is and she managed to say 25. Then she smiled at him.

Thank you for your prayers, vines and energy!

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good news that your DMIL is doing better. More vines on the way for her.

p.s. I saw a Redheaded woodpecker today, too!!! I'd never seen one here before.

23. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.