07/03 Boomer AMPS 229 +3 164 +6 108 PMPS 176 +3 153

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 229 shooting a fattened dose of .5F
    I believe my boy needs to go back up to .75u but because of DMIL situation I only fattened dose to hopefully keep him in blue/green for right now.

Boomer ate all of his overnight fuds except for a wee bit of +6. He came to bed after his +9 fuds this morning; something he hasn't done for a few days. I felt him jump up, turned over and his handsome face was about 2 inches from mine and he came in for a "hug" aka head butt. I guess he missed me yesterday.

Allen ate very well last night and had a large poop and 2 small ones. DH said the poops were a bit harder. As I'm writing this I detect an odour:oops: and he just had another very soft poop.

My DMIL is in very bad shape. It tore at my heart to see her yesterday; it was much worse than what I had imagined. She can move her legs and her left arm but her right arm remained still the entire time we were there. According to DH, she was able to move it the night of the stroke. She is conscious but slept most of the time. When awake, she knew who we were and tried to say a word or two but the most frequent word we heard was "help". The Dr was speaking to the family as we got there and she says that physically Mom will not get any better. She gave the family the option of having a temporary feeding tube placed which would give Mom a couple of days to see if she improves at all in her ability to understand/communicate (at that point a permanent feeding tube would need to be placed) but that it would not affect the physical limitations. Once all of DH's brothers/sisters were present (later in the afternoon) we went out of the room and discussed and the consensus was that it would prolong the inevitable and Mom would not want to be kept alive under these circumstances. It is my understanding that all monitors and IV have now been removed and a "pick" inserted so that the nurses can administer whatever meds Mom needs to be comfortable and able to sleep. She will likely pass within a few days.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about your DMIL. Sending prayers for you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad you boys are behaving in this difficult time.

So sorry about your MIL. It's a difficult position to be in. Did she have an advanced directive? If so her wishes are there and the family could be comfortable with the decision. Of course they will go through the what if phase. However, if she has the directive, it's what she wanted.

As a nurse that worked in long term care I've seen family who do everything possible and family's who do nothing, not even visit. When I was asked "what would you do". I would say, I can't decide for you. Whatever you do decide, you have to be able to live with the decision and not second guess it.

I had to go against my father's wishes regarding my mother and enforce my POA to get her into a facility, eventually transition her to hospice care and let nature take its course. She was gone in less than 48 hrs. My father was so angry at me, he believed the could treat her and she could go home yet again (story in itself). I can live with myself, it was the right decision, it was also in her directive.

All you can do is be there and support each other in whatever is decided. Prayers and hugs for this difficult time. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Boomer is behaving, sending mega prayers for your mother-in law. My MIL has had a series of small strokes and my good friend suffered one this spring. Peace for your family.

5. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Paula. Yes there is a directive in place; I believe (not 100%) that it is mandatory here when preparing a will. I asked yesterday whether a DNR is needed but one is already in place. It was a tough decision. I tried to stay out of it, leaving it up to the 5 sons/daughters. But I did point out that if she regained some cognitive (sorry don't know if that's the exact word I'm looking for) function that she would only be more aware of her situation and be more upset by it.

Kris & Teasel and Olive & Paula like this.
  6. Judy and Boomer

Thank you Carla.

7. Judy and Boomer

Thank you.

8. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Judy. This is an incredibly stressful and rough time for your family! All will be in my prayers.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Sandi.

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your DMIL, Judy....many prayers for your whole family....

11. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Judy, I'm very sorry to read about your DMIL and the situation. Heartfelt sympathy to your husband, you and the rest of the family. Please take care of yourself and your hubby through this.

12. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Amy.

13. Judy and Boomer

Thank you Lou.

14. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you and all the family, Judy. This is such a hard thing to deal with. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hugs for your DH. That is a hard decision. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Judy and Boomer

Thank you Kris.

17. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Tracey.

18. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

You'll be in my thoughts today. Take care of yourself during this stressful situation.

19. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear the news about your DMIL. Sending love and hugs to you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Judy and Boomer

Thank you JoyBee.

21. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Amanda.

22. Judy and Boomer

23. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that there isn't better news about DMIL. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

It sounds like the family is making the best decision for her though.

Prayers sent for a peaceful passing when the Lord comes to take her home

24. Judy and Boomer

Thank you Chris.

25. Vicki and Jerry

Vicki and Jerry Member

So sorry to hear such sad news about your DMIL. Thoughts are with you and your family.

26. Judy and Boomer

Thank you Vicki.

27. Judy and Boomer

28. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Judy , so very sorry to hear this . Many prayers sent to you , DH and DMIL and family ❤️

29. Judy and Boomer

Thank you Beth.

Beth 73 likes this.
  30. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 176 shooting .5F

31. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am so sorry about your DMIL Judy. My thought with your DH and his family too. :bighug: My DMIL had a similar stroke. She was a bit more aware, but kept pulling out her feeding tube. It was her way of communicating what she wanted. It's still hard though.

Behave Boomer. Give your bean some extra snuggles today.

32. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Wendy. Apparently today the nurse was wetting Mom's lips and Mom slapped her away. Twice.

33. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and vines :bighug::bighug:

34. Judy and Boomer

35. Judy and Boomer

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.