07/10 Shmee AMPS 96, +2 78, +3 64, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

Good morning everyone,
    Shmee is doing well on 5.5U so far, and I could have even missed a reduction last night... I am so mad at myself. I have slept through a few PM test alarms lately... I really miss my sleep as you can see... DH just doesn't even sleep with me anymore, sleeps on the couch since I have to wake up. Ugh... even though its a long shot I am still hoping with everything in me I do not have to do this the rest of his life. Anyway enough of the complaining... I need to start putting my phone across the room again so I actually get up at the alarm.

To piggypack off yesterdays post, if you have an acro cat and have not yet updated your information in the acromegaly autotracker please do so :) We would love to get all this data in one place.

@Jadi & Tiffany
    @Janine & Floyd
    @Melanie and Smokey
    @LPJ
    @Olive & Paula
    @Pamela & Amethyst
    @Beenie (GA)
    @MJW
    @Chubba (GA)
    @Marvin's Mom - Nat

I hope everyone has a nice day.

PS - I took this photo of Shmee the other day, one of my favorite so far!
    On the acro autotracker it asks for breed, but I am not sure what he is. What do you think? I have read that there are 22 different breeds of black cats! :eek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That's a bea-uuuu-ti-ful baby there!!! So precious when they're sleeping!!:kiss:

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

He's sooo adorable.

Amanda & Shmee and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

In that pic she looks like a torti. Some cats you just can't tell any breed. I think she would be DSH.

Olive is considered DLH with some Persian in her.

Amanda & Shmee and Sue and Luci like this.
  5. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Ok yeah I was thinking DSH. Did you say Torti because of his coloring? He looks all black normally, but when the sun hits him he has a brown tint.

I forgot to mention my vet thinks he may be part Siamese, because he is so talkative and loud! Haha

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sooooo sweet

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Shmee is really rocking this dose, isn't he?? Thanks for sharing the photo! He is a handsome boy!

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Just want to go and rub the belly!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love the relaxed belly up pic! :kiss: I vote for DSH too.
    I started out sleeping in the spare bed room if I thought Neko's numbers would go low. Switching to Lev really helped me, cause Neko's nadirs got even later, closer to when we'd get up anyway. So I was able to move back to my bed. :)

Shmee is really starting to flatten out on this dose of Lantus. That'll make him more predictable, and hopefully you'll get to the point where you can decide on the before bed test if you can sleep through. Are you using an autofeeder with him? Worst case, and what I used to do occasionally, is I'd take the dose down a notch to catch up on sleep for a couple of nights. He's an acro, keeping him in green numbers isn't going to do any healing. Keeping him below renal threshold is a good goal.

10. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

He is sooooo gorgeous! :kiss: Looks almost exactly like my Pig. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

The black that we see in cats is actually a 'pig'ment :p mutation. Black in cats is caused by a melanistic gene that causes them to appear dark, almost black. Pig has that same chocolate brown undertone when he is in the light. That is just a fluctuation of coat. It works the same when you look at grey kitties or those pastel looking torties, but they have what is known as a dilute gene. I do believe that the word Panther is vastly misunderstood and most think of a large jungle cat when we use it. However, panther is taken to mean ANY melanistic cat. So, any black cat is a technically a panther. Which means that Shmee, just like Pig, is of the breed House Panther. Very rare and of the highest quality. :woot:

Glad to see him doing so very well! You are doing amazing with him!

Idjit's mom and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  11. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

Wendy has some great points. Sleep is super important and it's even better when you can do it together :kiss::kiss:. We have an autofeeder that we use for one feeding in the middle of the night. We check him around 11, go to bed and check again around 6-7. It also give us flexibility to leave the house for a period of time. It really has given us our lives back. Mav doesn't toe the line though for reductions like Shmee does.

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

what an awesome capture of a happy Shmee :cat:

13. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

LOVE IT!!!

14. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Glad to see that he is doing so well! I would agree with Paula about the Tortie. That is what came to me when I saw this photo. I had a blue point tortie Siamese and that mottling of color reminded me of her.

ETA: With torties another way to tell is that their gums are mottled also, some pink and some black and their paws are the same, some pink paw pads and some black paw pads.

15. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Very handsome boy, and I love it when they sleep belly up with back feet up and curled over. Adorable, I can't resist a fuzzy belly, can you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.