07/14 Ti-Mousse AMPS=270; +7.5=158; PMPS=140; +3=167; +4.5=189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Jul 14, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo 07/13
    Another flat yellow day for Ti-Mousse!

Seeing his numbers, I was wondering about increasing again but if I do, it's gonna be his 4th increase in 7 days (from 5u to 6.5u) ! I think it's too much of an increase in a short period of time; so finally I'll leave him on that dose and wait for vet appointment on Tuesday! Hope I'm doing right!

Weather is beautiful this morning! Have a nice Sunday!

Zorro's mom likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You don't want to rush increases or you could end up with an overfull depot. I hope he comes down for you today.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks Carla !!

4. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Maybe after Ti-Mousse's visit with the vet he will feel better and THEN he will be surfing at the beach. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I hope Ti feels better today. Also, I hope you get an earlier vet appointment, it's hard to have to wait when you think something's off. :bighug:
    Hope you have a good day! :)

6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Ti-Mousse, I think we both know you can do better. Let’s see a nice slide today :)

Hope that everything goes well at his appointment Tuesday

Have a great day Lyane :joyful:

7. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Hope you & Ti-Mousse enjoy your day together today. I look forward to hearing what you learn from the vet. I'm sure you both enjoyed your poke break.:)

8. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

He loves poke break and me too!

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Hope you had a great evening last night!! Nice to see that Mowgli runs to the beach every day now... ! Good for him! :cool::cool:

10. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

A nice blue for mid-day there Ti! Good job!

12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

You don't know how much I enjoy your daily visit to Ti-Mousse ! :bighug: with your always appropriate quotes !!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  13. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Don't tell me the cleanup :eek: I'm doing to Ti-Mousse is starting to help...!! I would bet for GREENS tonight !

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A cat needs however much insulin they need. As far as timing of increases, as long as you wait the time that TR says, and test so you aren’t missing anything, then you aren’t rushing the increases. That is not an overfull depot situation. With mid blues, you can wait 8 cycles before any increase. Maybe he’ll surprise you tonight. Depot should now be full.

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending beautiful vines for Tuesday's appointment.
    Looks like a nice cycle is starting this evening. Surf safe, Ti-Mousse!

16. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

My concern was that if he doesn't respond because of an infection problem and I keep increasing as per TR, could he be getting too much insulin for his needs because of the infection to fight? and as soon as it will start being controlled, he could go to very low numbers?
    Once he had "LO" reading, no numbers at all... :eek: it took all night and the following morning to finally get him up and even the next day, he was still back in lime!! So I'm trying not to live this again....

When do we get an overfull depot? I searched but could not get any clear details; I guess it's because too big increases close together?

Sorry for the questions, I'm learning with you !! :)
    Hope you enjoy the nice summer weather!

17. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks Ella! It's funny that's the feeling I have for tonight!!:)

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If he has an infection, the vet should find it and put him on antibiotics. When the infection starts to clear, he will earn reductions and you lower the dose. If you let him sit in high numbers hoping he will come down, you risk glucose toxicity.

An overfull depot comes if he earns a reduction, but you don’t take the reduction.