? 07/21 Roo: AMPS = 248, +3 = 242, +6 = 270 // PMPS = 346, +2 = 287 - small dose on calipers?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Armish & Roo, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Yesterday

Mama is hungover and would have loved to sleep in but you gotta do what you gotta do for your babies :joyful:

Calipers are arriving today so I'm excited to try them out! Hope everyone has a great Sunday :bighug:

AmandaE and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

A couple of blues for Roo maybe !! Calipers will help you with the small doses you're giving.
    Have a great day and try to recover... :)

Armish & Roo likes this.
  3. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

looks like Catcat is on the same path, I may get my new calipers out and work parallel to you

Armish & Roo likes this.
  4. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Looks like its gonna be a flat yellow cycle today :confused:

5. CandyH & Catcat

we'll see -- interesting to see how the reduction affects these guys

6. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I guess Roo is still bouncing? Not loving the numbers we've had today and yesterday.

I got my calipers but with the 0.1U dose in the ReliOn syringes, the jaws are so close together its hard to even see how small of a dose that really is. I ended up giving the usual based on the markings since I was in a hurry. I feel like even with a magnifying glass it would be hard to see that small distance - any advice?

nslade001 likes this.
  7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Bring it on down Roo! No need for the high numbers. Let’s hit the beach ;)

I hear you on the hangover today #diabeticcatmomlife

I’m planning on practicing on callipers in the pm so that I don’t have to worry about rushing out the door.

Hope you had a great weekend :)

Armish & Roo likes this.
  8. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thanks Amanda, good luck with the calipers! I'm so jealous of Mowgs' lovely blues today :D

AmandaE likes this.
  9. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I think Roo will see some too ... hopefully sooner than later!

Let’s see it Roo :D

Armish & Roo likes this.
  10. CandyH & Catcat

c'mon Roo, let's you and Catcat celebrate the reductions by a splash-in tomorrow

quit prowling the sand dunes -- too hot up there

Armish & Roo likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I didn’t used Relion syringes, but I have heard the barrel is fatter than some other syringes, which makes the lines closer together. Skinnier barrel means line spread further apart, and easier to see a dose. Definitely try it with a magnifying dose. I occasionally gave Neko tiny doses of R using calipers.

Armish & Roo likes this.
  12. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with other syringes, but if it's a wider/fatter syringe the lines would be closer than my BD syringes. (I have no difficulty dosing 0.1 with those.) Definitely try a magnifying glass (I use a small light box like this, under$15 at Walmart, and magnifying visor like this from. Amazon around $20 for hands free.) download.jpg shopping.jpg
    The magnifier makes an unbelievable difference...If it doesn't help, I'd consider switching syringes.
    With love, nikki