07/22 Roo: AMPS = 301, +10.75 = 293 // PMPS = 322

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Armish & Roo, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Yesterday

Discouraged that Roo was in pinks and high yellows all weekend, hoping to see some blues soon!

Hope everyone has a great Monday :)

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Roo comes back down for you soon.

Armish & Roo likes this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Ugh! It is definitely the worst! Especially when you follow SLGS and that’s your chance to do a curve! Give this dose a chance to take hold, but it could be that it’s just to small for Roo! We will see in a few cycles :joyful:

Hope you have a great day Armish :)

Sue and Luci and Armish & Roo like this.
  4. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

feel for you, especially when you were getting all those great blues -- I was envious :cool:

they tell me that NDW (new dose wonkiness) applies only to increases in dose, but I'm not so sure it doesn't happen with reductions, as the depot adjusts :banghead:

Catcat was missing Roo -- I was missing hearing from you :(

Armish & Roo likes this.
  5. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Ugh yea, Saturday or Sunday is curve day but Roo just had to spring that green PMPS on Friday :blackeye: I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll see some results but if not, may decide on a midweek increase back to 0.25 so I can do a curve on the weekend.

I'm glad Mowgli stayed safe for you last night, and hoping he clears that bounce soon! Have a great day Amanda :)

AmandaE likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'd agree, looks like an increase may be on the horizon for Roo... up/down, that's the name of this game...

Have a great day Armish!

Armish & Roo likes this.
  7. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Looks like Catcat is doing decent on the reduction! I wish Roo would have followed him down to the beach since they seemed to have playing in similar numbers this weekend. It's only been a couple days but boy do I miss those blues!

I'm thinking about increasing again tomorrow PM if I don't see any good results - I don't want him to stay in these pinks and high yellows for too long. Hope you and Catcat have a good day :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. CandyH & Catcat

we'll see how it goes, still new enough that I haven't figured out how much the depot is contributing, how much is the current dosage

also aware that when I test, sometimes I get the nice bright red blood from capillaries, sometimes the darker maroon blood from vein -- Catcat is famous for twitching and jerking as I apply the lancet, so the blood droplet may not come from the target I initially headed for -- that may affect the test result too

hoping this weekend was just an anomaly and you guys will be tracking sand before you know it, getting wet too

Sue and Luci and Armish & Roo like this.
  9. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

fingers crossed!

10. AmandaE

Try not to be too hasty with an increase, tomorrow will have only given him 6 cycles on the dose and remember that with your skip on the 19th that you drained the depot, so really the 0.1 depot is just building now. Additionally you're following SLGS, which directs a hold of 7 days before changing dose, of course, SLGS can be modified as you get to know your cats patterns, do you feel you know Roo's reactions well enough to confidently increase without waiting the 7 days? Now that you have been following SLGS for a while, have you considered TR? do you think you could make it work with your schedule? You are showing a TR mindset ;) (story of my life).

Roo is your cat so of course you know him best and have to do what is best for him, If I was going to increase early, knowing that I had skipped a shot thus draining the depot, I think I would at least wait 10 cycles (5 days) before doing an early increase. If you decide not to wait, and to give an increase tomorrow I personally would: A. Do a curve tonight to understand how low Roo is going B. Wait 7 more days until your next curve, which would bring you to a Monday curve schedule, especially since you've seen some nice greens on 0.25u dose

I think if I were you, I might consider a switch to TR... If you get up at 6am instead of 8am then you can grab the +2 at 8am and know how Roo will go that day. I feel like I remember that sometimes you have some flexibility to check in on ROo around lunch from time to time as well. Alternatively you could do 7am and get a +1.5 at 8:30am. Can you get home from work before 6 or 7pm? Do you know what Roo's typical onset is? that will help you determine if a +1.5 will give you a good enough heads up for how Roo's day will go :) If I had more flexibility in my schedule I would definitely try TR.

My two cents ;)

Armish & Roo and Sue and Luci like this.
  11. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I think that's fair. I really can't do weekday curves because of work, so I can wait until Wednesday PM to increase if I don't see an improvement and that way hopefully doing a curve on Sunday can give an idea of what that dose can do. What I should do is obviously stick to the protocol and wait til the weekend to do a curve and potentially increase. I just hate him being in these numbers. I'm hoping its just a bounce and I won't have to be hasty about pulling the trigger, and just wait til the weekend.

SLGS definitely makes me antsy (as you can probably tell lol) but I don't think my schedule allows for TR. I could switch the shot to earlier but the problem is I don't get home until 6:30-6:45pm on a good day, and often around 7 orr later so I really worry about confidently being able to dose at the same time every evening. I sometimes have the ability to check on Roo during lunch, but if a meeting comes up I have to stay at work.

I really appreciate your input! I just get a little frustrated and impatient sometimes and need someone to talk me down. How I wish I could do TR but unfortunately I think my schedule is just too unpredictable for it :banghead:

I know I am really lucky that Roo's numbers have never been crazy high (no reds or blacks) and he seems to be responding well to small doses, so I just need to keep that perspective in mind instead of stressing so much!

12. AmandaE

This statement, in your own words, says a lot. If you yourself thought this, then I think you know that you shouldn't increase until the weekend when you're able to do a curve. You absolutely should not increase without a curve because you don't know what Roo's nadir is (I believe this is even true for TR). Additionally, if you think it's possible that Roo could be bouncing, it is extra dangerous to increase dose in case he clears the bounce while you're at work, and his BG plummets from the increased dose. I understand exactly where you're coming from, I feel I am the same, I hate seeing Mowgli's numbers go so high on a lower dose, but because I, like you can not be home to monitor I am kind of handcuffed to SLGS. If you can't do a curve, I wouldn't do an increase period.

I am in exactly the same boat, I really want to do TR but I know that with my work schedule that I would only be able to get a +1 in the morning and Mowgli's onset is fairly reliably around +2... I wouldn't know how the insulin would work that day so I wouldn't truly be meeting the requirements of TR. I always think to myself: I have a total TR mindset, handcuffed to SLGS. I try to remind myself that it is better than nothing, and if you look at some of my posts in the beginning I really was the same as you... everyone was reminding me "it's a marathon, not a sprint"

I think if you step back and look at the progress Roo has made in a short amount of time, you ought to be impressed: you are already on such a low dose and he just started, focus on your success :) Also, as you gather more data you will be able to modify SLGS so that it works better for Roo. Try having a look at the post that Jill made on my condo the other day where she explained what she thought it would take to make the small modifications to SLGS. She gave me a lot of food for thought that day.

I agree with you here, you're lucky... but I also can so sympathize with where you're coming from, you are a fierce protective mom for Roo and if you can prevent him from experiencing high numbers you will do everything in your power to achieve it! but you have to be safe about it. Better too high for a week than too low for a minute ;)

Honestly I feel like you are even holding a mirror up to my face... these are my internal struggles all. of. the. time.

Take a deep breath and be patient.. next time it's your turn to talk me off the ledge when I am being hasty with an increase :p ;)

Figaro's Liz and Armish & Roo like this.
  13. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thank you for this thorough response Amanda, I really needed the reminder to take a step back and know that I am not alone in this. Honestly without this forum I probably would have lost my mind by now :p

I'll definitely take a look at the info on your condo, but I have to keep reminding myself that I've only been at this for a month so I should take a chill pill and let the protocol do its thing for now :joyful:

Thank you for being here through my existential crisis :bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  14. AmandaE

You’re welcome! I agree I don’t even like to think where Mowgli would be today without this great resource :)

Armish & Roo likes this.
  15. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Back in the pink for PMPS, and I think I just gave a fur shot urghhhh :banghead:

Deep breaths Armish, everything is gonna be okay :p

AmandaE likes this.
  16. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Excuse me for butting in :smuggrin: but I just need to say, I feel your pain! It's so hard to be patient.
    Rooting for you and Roo on this tiny dose!

Armish & Roo and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  17. CandyH & Catcat

18. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thank you for the support Liz and Candy :bighug::cat: