07/30 Ti-Mousse...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA), Jul 30, 2019.

1. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Last condo 07/27
    My ti-Mousse is not responding well to his insulin lately!:( :(
    He remains in his yellow flat numbers now, not moving from there! I started increasing him with .5u every 6 cycles and I will keep on until he shows GREEN!

So this week I’m not posting as I don't have anything to report! Instead I’ll take some time in searching and reading about IAA, Acro and glucose toxicity. I want to understand what is going on with my ti-minou and do what is needed to help him go through this! :)

Wishing you a wonderful week and hoping all little kitties are safe! :bighug:

2. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Hang in there! Thoughts and vines are headed your way.:bighug:

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks, taking all the vines!:) Nice to see that Phoebe is doing well with her reducie!

4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Have you tried tagging one of the advisors here? I'm sure someone with a lot of Experience with Acro will be able to advise you.

5. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I totally understand why you want to do more research. I hope you get all the info you need and that Ti-Mousse starts responding to his dose.
    Wishing you only the best. I know it can feel frustrating. Hang in there and remember you have lots of support here.:bighug:

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Wendy and Marje were on my last post! They suggested to have him tested for Acro and IAA and advised for tight increases until I see greens which is what I'm doing now! Hopefully this will work soon! That's why I want to learn as much as possible on all this, in case!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Oh petit minou, I hope you come down soon! Vines for you and Ti, hope you have a good day Lyane!

8. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thank you Debra! Always feels good to know you're not alone! Nice to see Yoyo is back to his daily greens!

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thank you so much Armish!:) Waiting for petit minou to respond !
    I saw Roo is having echo today; hope everything is fine for him !

Armish & Roo likes this.
  10. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Yes! I hope it works also :):bighug: upload_2019-7-30_10-51-43.jpeg

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

12. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Wishing you changes with the increases! Have a great day as well!

13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Testing for acro and IAA might be a good thing at this point. If for no other reason than to rule them out. Something is keeping him flat.

Hope the increase moves him along. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

What a nice picture! Thanks for the good vibes, Joy!:)

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks Amy, I'll be so happy if he decides to come down! :)

16. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Good luck with everything, Lyane! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I will miss your posts but definitely understand, sending tonnes of green vines to Ti-Mousse and I hope he isn't afflicted with Acro or IAA. You are awesome taking action like this!!

Best of luck in your research Lyane :bighug::bighug:

18. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Know that thoughts will be with you & Ti-Mousse & I hope when you post again it will be good news! Hoping you also have a good team/vet that will be supportive & helpful with the process/diagnosis.

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

No matter what is causing Ti-Mousse’s insulin resistance, and you named the three possibilities, getting him into better numbers sooner is the best plan. It can be very frustrating to see the rise in dose. :bighug: Summer of 2015, I felt like I was constantly chasing after a speeding train. I would see some green, breathe a sigh of relief, then it would disappear and up we’d go again.:arghh:

Let us know if you have questions. I too went into research mode when Neko’s dose kept rising.

How is Ti -Mousse acting and behaving? He doesn’t know there is insulin resistance and hopefully is just being a cat. It worries us more than them.

AmandaE likes this.
  20. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Yes, you're right! I'll have to see with the vet if she's willing to help me with that !!! Sometimes I wonder if there could be infection... !
    One thing that doesn't help Ti-Mousse is that he has gained back all his weight to 19 lb!

Increasing tomorrow again, at one point it should kick in!!

Hope everything is all right for your husband and that you have time to rest a little!:)

21. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks Jenn! :)

22. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Thanks Amanda! :)
    Looking up at the sky, don't see green vines yet, but we have to give them a chance, Alberta is far from Quebec! Sure they'll be here soon! :)
    Think you're going on vacations soon, if so, enjoy each second of it!

AmandaE likes this.
  23. AmandaE

I am! I leave Friday! I will be in Nova Scotia so the vines will be closer ;)

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  24. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I just got a phone call, I have to go take care of my old uncle tomorrow..:( I don't want to delay Ti-Mousse and he is due for his increase tomorrow morning; I will increase anyway even if I can't test during the day! I don't expect any problems specially in the first cycle! (since July 18, he did not go lower than 4.7) I will leave a lot of food!
    I'm waiting for Ti-Mousse's train to leave the station :p and have me running.. and chasing :D
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    He's normal, not very active and has to lose weight (19lb)! He has a good appetite but doesn't drink much !
    Thanks for being there!

AmandaE likes this.
  25. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

For sure, everything must be ready by now for Mowgli! On the plane, will he be with you in his carrier? When are you back?
    Great for the closer vines:)!

AmandaE likes this.
  26. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

As for the vet, I just hope she will help me sending the test to the lab; I think it has to be done in the States, not in Canada; I have to look that up! I'll gather all the info for her so she'll just have to send it out! When Ti-Mousse was dx, she was not up-to-date with the new insulins and did not like me to show her what we were doing here!
    Having all of you is all what I need !:bighug:

Tomlin and AmandaE like this.
  27. AmandaE

Yes it’s basically all ready! I will have Mowgli with me under the seat in front of me. We get back on the 17th so it’s a really nice visit home :) I’m really looking forward to seeing our family. Especially my nieces :D

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, the only place in North America that does the tests is Michigan State University.

29. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Good, that's what I thought, in the States only! And with only one place in NA, I understand why you were talking about "excotic tests"....! I can just see my vet.. :woot: :eek: ! ouf...

30. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Fun for you! Take some pictures.... it's been a long time since I've been in NS and it's such a nice place!!
    Don't forget Mowgli in the plane !!! :woot:

AmandaE likes this.
  31. AmandaE

I’ll try to document Mowgli’s adventures!! If you heard him begging at the door to get outside you would know that I could never forget him LOL